Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
siamvalte

T60 unable to connect to Home wireless network

Hi,

I have a T60 running on Windows XP and have an Airtel Internet connection. Recently, I opted for a wireless router provided by my Internet provider.

Though my Wired LAN works fine, However, I'm unable to connect to the internet using wireless network. My friend's laptop and my mobile phone connect without any problems to my home wireless network.

This is puzzing as my T60 wireless connection works perfectly well in my office wireless network.

Is there some settings I need to change in the Lenovo ThinkVantage Access Connections?

Please help.

- First time post.

Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: T60 unable to connect to Home wireless network

Do you really need Access Connections?

Did you restart the router?

Check the "Home" -profiles wireless settings:

- IP-Address

-subnet mask

- DNS

- gateway address

Also try with manual network settings.

Can you "ping" the router or access its management interface with your browser?

Do you use a 3rd party desktop-firewall? In that case *remove* it and try the internet access again.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Bit Torrent
TuuS

Re: T60 unable to connect to Home wireless network

You may need to update your system. You didn't specify what version of winXP your using, but if your wifi router uses "N" standard, then it cannot use WEP encryption, so you'll need WPA instead, which WinXP sp0, sp1, and sp2 (unsure) don't support. As a test, try logging into your router and disable encryption (don't leave it like this long or you could have neighbors getting into your LAN), if you can connect with encryption disabled, then you'll know it's just a matter of updating your windows and drivers.
ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)
Blue Screen Again
megatanker454

You might need some drivers
Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]

TuuS schrieb:
...so you'll need WPA instead, which WinXP sp0, sp1, and sp2 (unsure) don't support...

Sorry TuuS,

Windows XP supports WPA in all versions. What you meant in your answer last month (=above)is WPA2 :smileywink:

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection