Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
taylorsilva
Accepted Solution

T60p - Cleaned fan and is now noiser

My fan started getting noisy so I open up my laptop and cleaned it out. Put it all back together, turned it on and now it's even louder than before. Any suggestions as to the cause of the problem? The laptop itself is running fine btw just the fan is being extremely loud and running at 3000+rpm and the cpu is at 48-50 degrees celcius.

Right now I'm going to take it apart again, see if I did something wrong. Any other comments or suggestions as to a soultion would help though. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

Re: T60p - Cleaned fan and is now noiser

loudness of the fan is related to the friction within the bearing and how vane is shaped to move the airflow.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your fan bearing is wearing out and needs replacement.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
What's DOS?
taylorsilva

Re: T60p - Cleaned fan and is now noiser

yes you're correct, it does appear to be that. For now I took my laptop apart again and I took apart the entire fan and put some lubricant on that area. it appears to have solved the problem for now, just as quiet as when I bought it. I've ordered a replacement part but it looks like what I've done will keep the fan quiet for now.