Search instead for 
Do you mean 
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 636

Re: T60p FAN ERROR

magreenberg wrote:

That it excellent news, especially since Lenovo wants $55.00 for a tube of thermal paste! Thanks again for the info!!

What? :smileysurprised:  Is that a pint or gallon tube? :smileyvery-happy:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Maliha

Re: T60p FAN ERROR

I replaced the fan of my T60 just 2 days ago, I bought it from a longstanding member at Thinkpads forum. I was told it might or might not fit in my T60, turned out it didn't. Howerver, with the help of a youtube video I took the fan out of the heatsink assembly and put it in my old assembly, it actually worked! As for thermal paste/grease, you can get it cheaply from a hardware store or at eBay.

As previously mentioned, HMM and lenovo service videos are of great help, they make things extremely easy. It was my first fan DIY! :smileyhappy:

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel