Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: T60p Screen Goes Blank Over Time When Launching Videos (Not A Heat Issue?)

All,

Estimate on the updated drivers public release on the web is approximately 2 weeks

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
nambinhvu

I have an R52 and it seems to have a similar issue, but now the laptop is useless.  The hard drive is dead and I'm pretty sure the motherboard is fried.  I don't think it's even worth repairing, but it seems a waste of a processor, wireless chip, working lcd, ram, and whatever else salvageable parts there are, such as the cd drive.
Paper Tape
haggerty

I suppose it could be something other than a video driver issue, but I have found that I can get the freeze to occur regularly, though not reproducibly, by opening a Netflix Instant movie and playing it after the machine has been up and running other things (nothing much video intensive--just browsers, mailers, editors--for some time).  I can find no diagnostics of any kind when it happens; the machine freezes, there are no event log entries, not even a Blue Screen.  The only way out is to hold the power buttun down to shut down, and when you come up and try to play the Netflix Instant--no problem at all.  Memory leak maybe?
Punch Card
Ender

The updated driver has been released already and fixes the problem.
3DD
Punch Card
3DD

Unfortunately, they broke something else again - if you close the lid and the "turn off display" timeout kicks in, the resolution gets resets to VGA.  So when you open the lid, it tries to set the resolution back to what it was, but all the windows are already resized to 640x480 and to the upper left-hand corner.

This problem was fixed before.  Man, it just seems like these guys can't never get it right!

3DD
Punch Card
3DD

It looks like Lenovo released a new display driver - anyone wants to try it?  I wonder why a new version after all this time...  Now, Lenovo, please work on your VISTA driver, it has some similar problems, too.

Punch Card
Ender

I have the driver installed for about two weeks. Video freezing not present, resolution change on lid close not present. Finally perfect driver. Also confirmed by another person on a different forum.

3DD
Punch Card
3DD

Finally had a chance to try this, and it still has a problem.  When the laptop is docked/undocked, the resolution of the display changes to 800 x 600 and then changes to the external display/laptop display's resolution.  The problem with that is you will end up with all the application windows resized to 800 x 600 in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

Considering the ThinkPad Ts are probably the most popular business series out of all the ThinkPads, it is not too unreasonable to think that users would use a dock/port replicator in that environment.  This should've been caught and fixed during development.  I mean, it would only take you 5 minutes to see if there is a problem or not.  I just don't understand...