Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
jainanurag

Re: T61: 9-Cell battery failure (FRU#42T4511)

Same problem on my T61. Suddenly from 4 hours to 0 while I was away and laptop was on standby. FRU# 42T4530. I think FRU# has got nothing to do with this problem and it is peppered all across all FRUs. Lenovo tools say I am not eligible. Only a few lucky ones are getting replacement.

BTW I have another X61 bought at the same time and that also got its battery busted the same way. Same symptoms and battery was blinking amber. That battery is covered under replacement program. Request Lenovo experts to have same treatment for same problems.

Ricky

Paper Tape
sbraganz

Same problem, same model #. This issue is really frustrating and Lenovo needs to acknowledge it.

-S

Paper Tape
obarriel

[ Edited ]

I have just registered to explain my horrible experience with T6X batteries.

I have a T60p with a 9-Cell FRU#42T4511 and since 4 months ago I get the message "battery cannot be charged" and blinking ambar.
I have another T60 with a 6-cell battery FRU#92P1132,  I also get the message "battery cannot be charged "and here the problem is even worse because it makes my computer freeze after 1-2 min if I attach this battery, and can only recover the computer by rebooting. This battery one only has 27 cycles.

Why this batteries are not recalled? I think that both batteries are Sanyo, is there any problem with Sanyo batteries? I can understand  that a battery degrades with use and time, but I cannot understand that it deads from a day to another changing from delivering a decent autonomy to give 0.0 capacity. This particular batteries that have had very little use (I only marginally run my thinkpads on battery).

I have a much older T42p with a still working battery.

JaneL

ek-703 wrote:

Is this forum moderated?

Why, yes, it is moderated.

It is not, however, an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, you may or may not get an answer directly from one of them as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Punch Card
darkbaronmx

I had a same problem with my T61, and my battery has FRU# 42T4511 :smileysad:

I call the IBM Electronic Service Call at 1-800-426-7378 and talk to a guy, he show me that I can recover my battery by this way:

- take out the battery and cord

- press power button 10 times and hold it at 11th time for 30 seconds

- after release, press it again 5 times and hold it at 6th time for 15 seconds.

- place the battery

but I do not sure that i heard exactly because i'm a forgeiner, i don't listening english very well. And i did not solve my problem.

So, anyone has a laptop which is still under warranty time, please call the phone number aboved again. If you can solve your problem, please come here and talk to us how to solve it. Thank you!

Paper Tape
dan79

Add me to this list only my laptop is r61

Paper Tape
dlev

UGH!!!

Same issue; died all of a sudden. :smileysad:

Spoke to Lenovo Support, they told me that my choices were to buy a new one, or wait until someone happens upon this forum topic!

Thinkpad T61p

Battery - Sayno, FRU - 42T4511

Serial Port
hjnormey

dlev,

Actually, not a bad idea to post ...

Rather than stumble upon, Lenovo personnel is watching these threads, so any information you can post here is constructive ...

In fact, I am thinking you might want to flag one of your own posts yourself for moderator attention if you see no reaction ...

I can say it did help in my case...

Paper Tape
dlev

I like that idea, one problem... I don't know how to flag my post.

Any advice/instructions you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Serial Port
hjnormey

May I suggest giving it a few hours, a day or two?

If nothing happens by then, I was thinking perhaps you could use the "options" control top right hand to flag your own post...

... using the "inappropriate" flag, which I think will bring it to -somebody's- attention ... :smileywink:

But I would only try this as a last recourse ...

... by the time I started considering that myself I got a response from the company, via a very helpful individual associated with Lenovo.- :smileywink: