Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VIP
Fanfold Paper
VIP

Re: T61: Downgrading to XP from Vista

Guys, most of your problems with Vista are related to the skinning nice interface that vista uses. If you want Vista running much faster and more stable just change to the Windows Classic inteface for best performance.
Paper Tape
jaycee

Hi,
My tech people formatted my new T-61 and installed XP. :-(

Is there a way I can revert back to original factory configuration?

Regards,
Jaycee
billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 105

If its a company supplied laptop, they probably do not want you to do that.

Cheers,

Bill
------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Paper Tape
jaycee

They did by mistake and I see only one driver CD is shipped and no OS CD
Punch Card
mbhockey13

Trust me - your IS group did you a favor. You'll want to stick with XP for a while, unless your company makes crappy builds. :smileyindifferent:
ThinkPad T61 15 Widescreen with nVidia Quadro graphics 6459CTO
Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows XP Pro
What's DOS?
gishi83

Hi Guys,

Good day!

I badly need your help.  I am currently using T61 lenovo IBM notebook with Windows Vista Business as the OS on it. This notebook is owned by my company which I am working right now. My problem is, a lot of software tools that I badly need to install and need to use it here for my work but it doesnt go through dues to some incompatibility issues. My notebook is also slow though it has a high specifications. Now, i want to downgrade to Window XP. By right, i approached our company's IT guy to seek help from them. But unfortunely, it seems that they wont like to help me. They said, about licensing issue. I know that licensing issue should matter is this case but just to check with u guys, "do i need to buy a new WinXP (new license) to be used in downgrading or the Microsoft allows us to downgrade from Vista to XP for free of this license thing?" and can anyone help me as well where to get installers and everything for my T61 lenovo notebook? Just incase I can push through the downgrading later.

Im looking forward for your help and advice guys. I need it. I am confident enough that I know how to downgrade. All i am facing is the "licensing issue" since this notebook is owned by the company.

Please help me by then. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Gishi83

Bit Torrent
wjli2

no Vista business and Ultimate addition allows you to downgrade to XP pro.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Singtoh

Upgrade to Visat Ultimate 64bit, best thing I have done to my T61, it runs like a raped ape!!

Cheers,

Singtoh

7663-A22,T61 14.1 Wide,T7300 2.0gig processor, 4 gig RAM, 500gig Seagate Hybrid HDD, 200gig Ultra Bay HDD, Ubuntu 64 Bit.
Serial Port
Bajpai

To my mind Vista Ultimate should hog even more resources than Vista Business. What do you think makes Ultimate quicker than Business?
Sushil

he is using Business 32 bit and Ultimate 64 bit, he probably didn't install all of the Thinkvantage drivers on his Ultimate 64 bit OS.