Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Singtoh

Re: T61: Downgrading to XP from Vista

Yes you are correct, I did not insatll all of the drivers that came with the machine. R and R no. the rest yes. But I think everyone knows that 64bit computing  compared to 32bit computing is twice as fast(roughly). Do we agree?? Vista Buiseness 32bit was a nightmare for me, but that is my own personal opinion. I think I am allowed that??

Cheers,

Singtoh

7663-A22,T61 14.1 Wide,T7300 2.0gig processor, 4 gig RAM, 500gig Seagate Hybrid HDD, 200gig Ultra Bay HDD, Ubuntu 64 Bit.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Singtoh

32bit computing compared to 64bit computing, twice the computing power with what you have, if your machine can handle it. It make complete sense to me. Am I missing something??

Cheers,

Singtoh

7663-A22,T61 14.1 Wide,T7300 2.0gig processor, 4 gig RAM, 500gig Seagate Hybrid HDD, 200gig Ultra Bay HDD, Ubuntu 64 Bit.
Serial Port
Bajpai

There is no doubt, 64 bit OS operating with 4GB RAM should speed things up. However, the real benefits accrue when application software also runs natively at 64bit.

Presently, not many software have code that can do that.

As the popularity of 64 bit OS increases we will begin to see more applications that run their code natively 64bit. That should speed the things up.

However, I still feel that Windows XP with 3 GB RAM will anyday beat Vista 64bit running 4 GB for most applications.

Sushil

i think much of the benefit with 64 bit CPU and 4 gig + of ram will arrive when Windows 7 comes out, by which then there is whole array of problems with the new OS and Vista just becomes usable. Talk about history repeating itself with Microsoft. Every OS that Microsoft is a revolutionary in terms of number of problems, they never seem to release something that just works. I think Microsoft should just change into a hardware manufacturer, i love their mouse and keyboards, their gaming system is great too, i love all their Age of Empires series (my most favorite games so far, which doesn't say much about my gaming repotire or gaming skills). 
Serial Port
Bajpai

LOL:smileyvery-happy:! I couldn't empathise with more, wjli2 and echo your sentiments about Age of the Empires.
Sushil