Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
vbharath

T61 Hard Disk options

Hi, my T61 keeps going to sleep. I tried changing the battery, putting only on battery, putting only on power chord, cleaning the insides and changing power settings. Nothing has worked. This problem is not very regular - sometimes, the laptop is fine for hours before it goes to sleep. Once it goes to sleep, the only way to bring it back up is to remove the battery, disconnect the power chord and reconnect both back again. Even then, it doesn't always come back - many times, as soon as it boots, it goes to sleep.

I have a T60 that works, but, has a very small hard disk. I am thinking of moving the T61's hard disk to T60. Will this be fine?

Another option to get 3 years of my life  on the hard disk is to convert the internal hard disk to external with a kit and connect that to the T61. I don't prefer this since all my current applications installed on the T61 won't automatically be available. So, would swapping the T60 hard disk for the T61 hard disk create any problems? Please let me know. Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,203
Solutions: 1,277

Re: T61 Hard Disk options

the hdd between T61 and T60 are interchangeable.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft