Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
fmalan

Re: T61 - Intell 4965AGN - Wireless radio is powered off

Problem solved! :smileyhappy:

The secret? I had to install the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945abg Mini PCI adapter software (7kwc50ww). When running this package, it creates two subdirs in the C:\DRIVERS\WIN\WLANINT2\XP directory.

In ..\Drivers, you'll find the installation for the Device driver. These I installed before, but on its own it allows only the built-in windows wireless manager to access the WiFi card.

You also need to install the ProSet Wireless Software in the ..\Apps directory for the IBM Access Connections and Fn-F5 hotkey tools to recognize and manipulate the WiFi card.

Fanfold Paper
blackcapsteve

Well Done!
You seem to have fixed this by looking at the previous post, paraphrasing the instructions posted, and then reposting it as something you have discovered. On the 11th it was an annoying problem with no solution, straight after the last post you had a brainwave.
Is this the way this forum works?
JaneL

blackcapsteve wrote:
Well Done!
You seem to have fixed this by looking at the previous post, paraphrasing the instructions posted, and then reposting it as something you have discovered. On the 11th it was an annoying problem with no solution, straight after the last post you had a brainwave.
Is this the way this forum works?

Not everyone here has English as their first language, so we try to give each other the benefit of the doubt.  What I read in his message is that he's saying he took your instructions, he tried them out, they worked, and he added a few additional details about where to find things in directories that might help the next person who doesn't know quite as much and has a problem following technical instructions.

Thanks for registering to share the info that helped him get his problem fixed - we appreciate that!

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
blackcapsteve

You are right! I apologise unreservedly. I am also sorry about the bold text.. It got stuck on and I couldn't turn it off. I will try not to make posts before I have fully woken up. Thanks for the reply.
JaneL

We're cool!

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

JKC
Paper Tape
JKC

My problem is similar but different.  I have a T61 with Vista (which is finally behaving well).  Up until a few weeks ago, my radio would turn off every couple of days for no apparent reason.  At the advice of a Lenovo tech rep, I downloaded and installed the 4965AGN software from the web page you cited.  The fix worked!  But a couple of days ago, after automatic updates from both Windows and Lenovo, the problem returned.  So once again I downloaded the 4965AGN fix, but this time, when I tried to install it, I got a message that a newer driver is already installed, and I must first MANUALLY (my caps) uninstall the existing driver.  So I opened the Device Manager window, found my wireless card, and clicked uninstall driver.  Instead of uninstalling the driver, it uninstalled the card!  I again tried to install the replacement driver and got the same error message that I must first uninstall the existing driver.  I then reinstalled the card, but I'm back to where I was.  Can you (or someone) tell me how to manually uninstall the existing driver?  Thanks.
Paper Tape
sdavids

fmalan just have to say thanks, you saved my day. had tried a lot of uninstalling and installing
What's DOS?
Jcwc

Thanks , this works. I've been having this problem for at least a year, it comes once In a while. Usually I resolve it by rebooting multiple times but that didn't seem to work today until I tried ur method. I suspect the automatic windows update causes this problem to recur. Hopefully downloading this Patch will solve the problem forever