Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
supra97RX7

Re: T61 LCD quality

LED.  they seemed fine to me, i may have to take another look at it though i guess.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
dealspiggy

[ Edited ]
Again, I am not trying to give anyone at Lenovo a hard time. I do have problem with my 14.1'' wxga+ screen. It is way tooooooooo blue. My eyes feel hurt for a short use of my T61 screen and I am sure my eyesights will suffer if the problem is not fixed.  I am very surprised to hear that Lenovo engineers at the service depot told me that the screen is normal. I wonder what is normal by their definition? Are their computer screen at work as blue as my T61?

I won't tolerate the blue screen on my T61, the blue color is way off.

ps: I bought this T61 from Lenovo website, not from any physical store. I had no way to inspect it before I paid for it. I am not paid by anyone to post this message. I simply want to have a working laptop.

I am still looking forward to a sound solution from Lenovo.

Message Edited by dealspiggy on 06-08-2008 09:33 PM
Punch Card
supra97RX7

dealspiggy wrote:
Again, I am not trying to give anyone at Lenovo a hard time. I do have problem with my 14.1'' wxga+ screen. It is way tooooooooo blue. My eyes feel hurt for a short use of my T61 screen and I am sure my eyesights will suffer if the problem is not fixed.  I am very surprised to hear that Lenovo engineers at the service depot told me that the screen is normal. I wonder what is normal by their definition? Are their computer screen at work as blue as my T61?

I won't tolerate the blue screen on my T61, the blue color is way off.

ps: I bought this T61 from Lenovo website, not from any physical store. I had no way to inspect it before I paid for it. I am not paid by anyone to post this message. I simply want to have a working laptop.

I am still looking forward to a sound solution from Lenovo.

despite your last sentence, may i still suggest reducing the blue gamma in the nvidia display properties?
also, my eyes used to hurt after a while, but dimming the screen ended the premature tiring of the eyes.  i only did this after a suggestion that "comfortable brightness" is when you can look anywhere around you, and look back at your screen without your eyes needing to adjust or being shocked by the intensity of the light.  doing this cut my brightness in half. i believe it's about 7 or 8 ticks.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
dealspiggy

thanks, but I don't have nVidia graphics card. My graphics is integrated. I will try what you suggested. I modified the text size in my last post.
Punch Card
aiiee

If you have reduced the blue to zero, you still can increase the Red and Green values to further mitigate the blue cast.  You know, repeating the same behavior and expecting new results is the definition of insanity.
Retired Guru
amace

-You know, repeating the same behavior and expecting new results is the definition of insanity.

do you mean like how I always check back in the fridge hourly hoping new good food would magically appear?
T61 15.4" T9300 (2.5GHz 6MB L2) Windows 7 Professional x64 4GB Memory, NVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Punch Card
aiiee

precisely :smileyvery-happy:
Punch Card
eli2k

T61 screen, is it really that bad?

I would like to purchase a T61, but I wanted to ask if the screen was really that bad. I've seen people say that the screen is washed out and there's lots of backlight bleeding, but are these people just the extremely picky ones, who want to have a screen that can match a desktop LCD? It's getting either this laptop or a Dell Latitude D630.

Thanks,
- Eli
Punch Card
aiiee

Re: T61 screen, is it really that bad?

Mine's great. People have been discussing, lauding, condemning screens here for years.  Read those posts.  There really is nothing new. If you are that worried you should arrange to see one in the flesh.  But really, another screen thread?? Please just search the forum, you'll find enough reading for years.
Punch Card
LenovoT61B

Re: T61 screen, is it really that bad?

My T61 screen is excellent.