Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jseivers

T61 Modem/Sound Issue

I work with a fairly large corporation and we recently rolled out T61 laptops to our sales field users.  We still have a handful that replicate their Notes db's on a daily and weekly basis.  We have seen a problem only on the T61's where typically, while dialed up, they receive BSOD followed by reboot.  Upon reboot, they receive error "audio hardware configuration has changed, please reinstall soundmax".  At this point, their sound devices as well as modem device no longer show up in Device Mgr.  If you try to install, we receive message "no devices installed".  We did install the UAA HD audio bus driver prior to installing soundmax and modem.  We contacted Lenovo on several of them and the system board and modems have been replaced on a few machines, but still have had the issue come back on the same machines.  The funny thing is that I can have them ship me their laptop, I can remove the 5 screws underneath, remove palm rest and keyboard, unplug modem card and reseat.  Upon bootup, will receive Found New Hardware and it will all install properly and work.  A few weeks down the road, they get the same issue.  Does anyone out there know if this issue and have any possible fixes ?  We did not see an issue like this on the T60's.

Thanks,

John

Paper Tape
jseivers

Re: T61 Modem/Sound Issue

Can anyone please help me with this issue ??
Ctrl-Alt-Del
NLucchesi

Re: T61 Modem/Sound Issue

I have the same problem with my T42. Did you ever figure it out?