Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
eddiejhong

T61 - Problems, problems, problems

After hours on the phone with customer/technical support, days of frustration, and weeks of waiting around for my computer to be fixed, I've finally gotten fed up with Lenovo.  I bought my T61 laptop four years ago before starting college thinking that it would be a worthy investment, spending close to 2000$ on my laptop.  Since then, it has broken down countless times: failing hard drives, broken fans, batteries burning out, and keyboard keys that stop working to name a few problems I've had with my laptop.  I would not be so disgruntled if there had been a few minor problems, but having to send my computer in every few months during a school year is not only inconvenient but has made it very difficult to be a student at a university.

If that wasn't enough, I would have to spend hours and hours on the phone with technical support representatives that were either rudely impatient or stiflingly incompetent.  Yes, I need repairs on my computer.  Yes, I've followed the troubleshooting tips.  Yes, I can wait a week for the computer to be shipped out, fixed, and shipped back to me.  This was all too much.

The customer support line is even worse, with a wall of automated questions making it almost impossible to talk to a representative.  The support website was equally unhelpful, with links that took you in circles around the support site, shoving FAQs and drivers and pointless diversions.  I was trying to find a place on the website where I could submit a complaint to customer support, but alas I am posting on the Lenovo forum hoping for some semblance of pity.

After I replaced the keyboard on my laptop, I started using an external keyboard, finding it more comfortable to use and a way to preserve the keyboard that had just been replaced.  However, the 'Tab' key on the laptop broke while I was using the laptop keyboard and so now I am forced to use only the external keyboard and use my 'portable' laptop at home.  My warranty expired a few months ago and now I am stuck with a laptop that is growing more and more useless.  I am thoroughly disappointed in my purchase, and I demand that I get compensated for the amount of trouble that this laptop has caused me.

Fanfold Paper
eddiejhong

Re: T61 - Problems, problems, problems

Can I at least get a response from a Lenovo admin?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,203
Solutions: 1,277

This is mainly a user to user forum, some of the Lenovo employees do come by time to time in their free time. However, they are not able to read every thread and attend to every problems.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
eddiejhong

Tried again for 2.5 hours this time  to no avail.  I just want to talk with someone that can help me.  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO ME.

Community Moderator
richk

This is primarily a peer-to-peer forum so it is probably the wrong place to vent your frustration. Keys can be replaced. If you look on eBay, you will find sellers who will sell you keys to replace the missing one.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,203
Solutions: 1,277

try marketplace forum.thinkpads.com, ebay, there are also online sellers that stock laptop key replacements (google laptopkey).
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
802.11n
sktn77a

Strange, I've generally had excellent luck with Tech Support.  My T61p is about to be shipped off to their service department for a motherboard replacement (fried BIOS when updating to the latest version).  I'm hoping this will be as trouble-free as past service experiences.

Keith
Formerly 600E 2645-4YU, T30 2366-41U, X31 2673-QU7, T40 2373-72U, T41 2379-DKU, T42 2373-3XU, T42 2379-R1U, T60 1952-AS2
Currently T430 2347-A54, T430 2349-L64, T430 2347-UN9, T430 2342-CTR, T61p 8889-CTO, T61p 8891-CTO, Ideapad K1, H520S 2561-1LU
Serial Port
TeMpL

You can make boootabe floppy for bios recovery. No need for MB replacment...

Community Moderator
richk

THere is no boot block so you cannot repair bios from a floppy