Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
nayyarsheikh

T61: White screen / flickering screen

[ Edited ]

Dear Gurus,

Hi. Well i am really sorry but facing too much issues since my recovery of the machine and updated all drivers so i dont get messed up. Unfortunately there has been issues as I updated all drivers just as I recovered all my system. I updated drivers for alll the updates that have been available like the nvidia driver, audio, bluetooth, access connection, update service etc.

Now the issues what i have is the screen suddenly goes white as soon as i leave the laptop idle for few minutes and screen flickers with the IE8 from one corner and then other corner and the machine really gets hot when its put on charge.

Now I am confused is that the driver affecting it or is that IE8 or is there a hardware issue I dont have clue. I need the help of these great gurus out there helping us to get our probelsm resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Moderator note: Type added to subject line for clarity.

Message Edited by Agotthelf on 08-05-2009 11:50 PM
THINKPADT61 / 7662CTO / T7500 / 100GB 7200RPM / 2GB RAM / 14.1 WIDE SCREEN / NVIDIA 140MS / 4965AGN / BT / WINDOWS XP
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,235
Solutions: 1,324

Re: T61: White screen / flickering screen

I think there could be a hardware issue, do you have warranty still??
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Serial Port
nayyarsheikh

Yes i still have warranty but i am abroad on business trip in Pakistan and I am not sure if there is any way I can get it sorted out here. I am really upset because all my work is on this machine and i thought it to be a reliable partner but i think i have been proved wrong as one issue ends another one starts. If there is any issues because it gets so hot that the laptop term doesnt suit this machine as you can keep it on laptop its so hot then i have top put something below it to get it elevated but then its not stable. i think it was big mistake and now all those dollars spent what do i get in return.

Now days laptops are on one the comoon things but when they were not so common they were more reliable. My few friends buy acer when i bought this they are happy with there machines more than I am whereas i spend more money for buying thinkpad.

But now i realize that I must have THINK before buying this hot PAD. ..................................................
THINKPADT61 / 7662CTO / T7500 / 100GB 7200RPM / 2GB RAM / 14.1 WIDE SCREEN / NVIDIA 140MS / 4965AGN / BT / WINDOWS XP
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,235
Solutions: 1,324

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=LOOK-IWS#sw

Check here to see whether your laptop has International warranty coverage in Pakistan. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft