Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
MrPompey
Accepted Solution

T61 - Widescreen - My display has rotated 90 degress - How do I return this to normal landscape

Hi,

I'm such a noob, please help

I don't know how or what I've done but my widescreen normal landscape view has somehow rotated itself (no doubt by me) 90 degtees left e.g. I now have to turn the laptop on its side to read the screen which is now in portrait view.
I thought it a simple change on display>settings. If it is I can't manage it

Thanks to anyone who can rescue me
Retired Employee
Cedric

Re: T61 - Widescreen - My display has rotated 90 degress - How do I return this to normal landscape

My bet is you have Intel graphics and you have accidentally hit a <CTRL><ALT>Arrow hotkey combination.  If that's the case the fix is just a quick <CTRL><ALT>Up.  If that doesn't do you'll find a rotate display somewhere in the advanced display properties screens.
MrPompey

Re: T61 - Widescreen - My display has rotated 90 degress - How do I return this to normal landscape

Cedric - You are a hero - Thanks
HHB
What's DOS?
HHB

Thanks, you've helped us too!!  Was tearing my hair out x

Bit Torrent
TuuS

Both the Intel and nVidia models have an option to rotate the display. On nVidia, open the nvidia control panel and look under (Display>Rotate Display).

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)
Blue Screen Again
walter2202

Problem solved. Thanks a million

What's DOS?
BLRambow

Cedric, I appreciate this answer ... my cat rotated my display overnight and it was driving me NUTS this morning!  Thank you so much!