Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
cwc1885

Re: T61 battery problem?

I've got a t61 running windows 7 now with 4 gigs of ram.

I can not find the battery info application to find the number of times the battery has charged.

&

Where is a good place to purchase a good replacement?

Paper Tape
gtan19

Re: T61 battery problem? - IBM may replace the battery

I bought a T61: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz 800MHz 4MBL2) With 15.4 WSXGA+ TFT LCD in Dec 2007. Been almost three years, but I have not used it much.

The battery status says: 95% remaining.  The battery has failed due to normal wear. The battery cannot be charged. Replace the battery.

the ASM and FRU for the battery are 92P1142 and  92P1141 respectively. The web tool displays the barcode and says is it not affected by the recall.

Is it worth buying a 9-cell battery for 180$ or should I go for a replacement on ebay - it shows the same config - voltage/AH/ with a 3 year warranty and insurance on damages upto 130,000$ - all this at  price of 56$. I am quite disappointed with Lenovo btw.

Thanks.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

you can get the Boston Power version of the 6 cells battery, if you find the OEM one too expensive.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi gtan19, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

Almost three years is a good run for a lithium-ion battery. Don't forget they lose capacity whether you are using them or not, and can last just 12-18 months if.... According to Lenovo, under average conditions their lithium-ion batteries lose ~30% of their capacity after the first year of operation.

I buy batteries from the Lenovo Outlet, and haven't run into a problem yet:

http://outlet.lenovo.com/accessories/batteries.html

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
RomanST

I actually went the Dr. Battery (contains the Boston Power cells) route for myself and wifey, and have been very pleased. 82 Cycles and at 99% capacity. I do how ever set my charge for (Stop charge at 94%, charge at 85%, hibernate at 15%)

$107 + shipping directly from Dr. Battery site.

http://www.drbattery.com/boston-power-green-series/ibm/thinkpad+t60+series/lib200-gs.aspx

$63 + shipping (if ordering over $100, free shipping), so check with your friends if they need one too if  you like to pinch pennies like me.

http://www.laptopcharge.com/category/notebook+battery/ibm/thinkpad+t60+2007/lib200-gs.aspx

I DONT work for them, but I like to spread the word about good products. Only issue you may have with these cells, they are slightly fatter than the stock ones, so getting it into the dock is almost impossible.

What's DOS?
arhangelmihalo

Re: T61 battery problem?

Agree. I've contacted Lenovo support several times, and all they had for me was: buy a new battery :smileysad:

If it was a cheap label I would not say much, but foa a $1500+ laptop - it's a shame.