Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
esmail

T61 .. can't create Rescue & Recovery Media

Ok, so I am now officially confused.

I go to Programs->ThinkVantage->Create Rescue and Recover Media.

There are two sections, one says Rescue Media, the other Recovery
Discs.

#1 The first time I selected Rescue Media and clicked on CDs/DVDs -- this resulted on only one CD being created.

#2 I went back and this time under Recovery Disk clicked on "Create a set of Product Recovery Disks now" .. that too resulted in only one CD.

#3 So, I tried the first one again, same result. Each single CD that was produced by these 3 different attemps was to be labelled Rescue and Recovery startup disc.

From what I have read I should be getting one CD and one (or more?) DVDs. This is clearly not happening.

What am I doing wrong? This can't be that tricky ....

Thanks!

Esmail
Blue Screen Again
RealBlackStuff

Re: T61 .. can't create Rescue & Recovery Media

See the FAQ, message 5 by GomJabbar
Punch Card
esmail

RealBlackStuff wrote:
See the FAQ, message 5 by GomJabbar

hi .. thanks for the link, those are exactly the instructions I tried to follow without luck.
Blue Screen Again
RealBlackStuff

Is your CD/DVD writer functional for normal precedures, i.e. reading/writing CDs/DVDs?
Some people have problems with their drive not being properly recognized, see if my post about removing filters helps.
Punch Card
esmail

RealBlackStuff wrote:
Is your CD/DVD writer functional for normal precedures, i.e. reading/writing CDs/DVDs?
Some people have problems with their drive not being properly recognized, see if my post about removing filters helps.

I believe so. I've made at least one DVD and burned a CD without problems. I'll check out your post and see if that helps.

SCSI Port
spwhiting

Is it ok to use two DVD's, which is what I used since the instructions do not say what type of disk to initially use.

T60-6371CTO
T60: 6371-CTO, VISTA Home Premium+SP1, 2GB....R51: 1836-Q4U,XP,1GB...600...755CD