Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
alpenglow

T61 can't restart when it runs for a few minutes

Usually I can start it when I use it for the first time in a new day.

But sometimes I need to restart it after new software installation and system update. At this time, it refused to start. After the scroll bar ran for several circles, the screen froze. As well the indicator of hard drive stopped flashing. Then only the power key worked.

I restarted it and entered BIOS to change setting----disable wired Internet connection. Then the system booted up without wired Internet connection.

After many times tries, I have found that when the temperature is low, it is easy to boot up normally. But when it just shut down for a few minutes, and then you want to restart it, you cound NOT make it. Only way is giving it enough time to rest to decrease the temperature, or disable wired Internet connection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am bored  by booting up.

What's DOS?
cecolon

Re: T61 can't restart when it runs for a few minutes

I have the same problem - except for me it happens just before the Windows XP "scroller" displays (I can sometimes see it very dim - probably because it's going to "fade" in). I have experienced the same problem on Ubuntu, Windows Vista and Windows 7 RC too. It's really annoying, and renders the computer unusable for long periods of time :smileysad: If anyone has suggestions, please help!
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,236
Solutions: 1,329

Re: T61 can't restart when it runs for a few minutes

download everest, and check what is the temperature that your laptop gets too.... it seem thermal overload could be causing the problem. 

what BIOS version are you on? 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft