Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
gosen211

Re: T61 intermittently refuses to wake up from sleep

rpierce174,

The Sleep Icon (moon icon) shows still whenever i open my lid and the screen shows nothing even i press on any buttons. But somehow, it's back from standby/sleep mode when i push the "Power On" button for just once. You may try that. Btw, i am using T61.

Good luck!
-->T60 XP SP3, 1.5GB RAM
Fanfold Paper
lacey

Are any of you guys running Skype by any chance?  I find if I close Skype before I put my T61 to sleep, I don't have that problem.  At least, I haven't yet.

Fanfold Paper
Andric

I've got the same problem with my T61p. Bajpai, I follow You work-around, but nothing change:smileysad: Please somebody help?

My work-around is following: Press Fn+F4(sleep). ThinkPad sleep and after 3-5 seconds wake-up. After wake-up I close lid and ThinkPad realy go to sleep. This work, but its no good for the best computer on the world!
Serial Port
Bajpai

Have you tried getting your T61 to sleep by simply closing the lid?
Sushil

Nobody knows how to fix the problem.

I have my notebook several times in one month for fixing the same problem.

But no good result.

Disappointed.

Fanfold Paper
lacey

Since I stopped closing it down with Skype on, I haven't had this problem once.  The problem is with unruly software that doesn't (or refuses) to shut down correctly when Windows gives it the sleep signal.  I assume Skype doesn't close down because they want to keep using your computer for a router for their phone service.
What's DOS?
tbagg

The problem is not intermittent.  I am able to recreate it.

I will:

a.)  Have laptop plugged in.  Start to put into sleep mode

b.) Unplug my laptop while this is happening.

c.) Try to resume and I'm not able.

It happens when you unplug the laptop while it is going into sleep mode.  (which happens often because usually you are in a hurry).

I called Lenovo support about this issue when I got my laptop 2 years ago after it happened twice.  Then I was nice enough to call the back and tell them I was able to resolve it on my own.  I went on to tell them about the problem with their product and asked them to pass it on to their engineering team.  They seemed more interested in closing my ticket then preventing a future issue... jackasses.

What's DOS?
rajblaze

Try doing this : Go to Device Manager select Biometric then uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" under Power Management for TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor. Next select Network Adaptors and again uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" under Power Management for the Wireless Network adaptor. Hopefully this should resolve you problem.