Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
alruff
Accepted Solution

T61 new solid state hard drive STOP Code 07B -- WinXP

I replaced my faulty hard drive with a solid state hard drive by using the Rescue and Recovery CD using the full recovery method for Windows XP.  It totally loaded; however, on final reboot after loading 6 CD's I receive a stop code and it reboots only to stop again.  Any ideas?

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Re: T61 new solid state hard drive STOP Code 07B -- WinXP

Hi alruff, welcome to the forum,

I've never received a 7B error message when using recovery discs, but I guess it's possible.  Please try changing the SATA setting in your BIOS to Compatability Mode from AHCI.

Press F1 at boot to access BIOS, select the Config and then SATA menus in order to change the setting.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
alruff

Thanks Andy,

I set the BIOS to "compatability Mode".  Now it does come up; however, the screen is black with a big white Cursor that I can move around.  Bringing it up in Safe Mode does the same thing the screen just indicates that I am in Safe mode.  Comand Prompt must work, but the screen is just black.

Any other ideas?

Alan

andyP

Did you move the metal caddy from the original hard drive to the SSD?  Not doing so has been know to cause problems with the drive not being properly recognised on some systems.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
alruff

Yes, I did remove the metal Caddy. 

Just an FYI, when I put the old original VIST disk in everything works fine.  I do not find errors in the EventLog.

Alan

Paper Tape
alruff

I did did move the metal caddy to the new HD before doing any of this.

Alan

andyP

Sorry, forgot to ask;

did you by any chance run a full recovery again after changing the SATA setting?

Also I'm wondering if this may have to do with sector alignment or something, wait up with running another recovery if you haven't already done so.

Exactly which SSD do you have?

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
alruff

When I bring the PC up using my old VISTA disk and USB attach the SSD Drive, it formatted as NTFS and is readable.

The drive is an Intel SSD 520 180GB.

Though about reformatting again, but have not done so.

Alan

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

It might be an alignment issue.

has some suggestions and links in this post that may help if it is alignment.

[edit] Forgot the link: Re: T60 and Kingston SSD not working

[more edit] Are you restoring from optical media, or using the CD to restore from a backup on USB drive?  That can cause some strange issues.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
alruff

Thanks for the reply.  I originally did the Lenovo Full system Restore from CD's (built-in CD drive). 

I did not pre-configure the SSD before restoring.

I have just finished reading the link you provided (Re: T60 and Kingston SSD not working).

I do have a way to access the drive and pre-configure it.  That will be the next step, then reinstall from the Full system Restore from CD's.

Alan