Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
lengo

Re: T61 "USB Device not recognized"

[ Edited ]

jayixta wrote:

Anyway, has someone resolved this problem?

Not that I'm aware of . . . :smileysad: In fact, at the top of page 2 of this thread Mark_Lenovo indicated that someone would be getting in touch with me "soon". I'm still waiting . . .

Message Edited by lengo on 03-31-2008 06:48 PM
T430s 2352-CTO | X201 3249-CTO | T42 2373-3UU, -4TU
Serial Port
zm996

I am running a t6 6465 CTO with vista ultimate. i havent tryed running a wirless mouse yet. but when i connect my pda phone it never recognises it. it has to install it as a new device every time hen i connect. connecting it to the other side seems to work (never thought of trying that). also exsplains why my phone wont charge off my usb port either. glad to finally figure that out.  
Regards,
T61 6465-CTO 2.2 duo 4gig ram vista
R61i 8932-CTO 1.8 duo core 3gig ram vista
Paper Tape
CO76TECH

T61 6465-CTO

Similar problem.  The single vertical port, on what I would consider the left side between the PCMCIA slot and the 1/8 headphone jack, has never worked, not even memory sticks.  I opened a case today and was told to ship the PC to Lenovo in a box that I am to receive in the AM.  This post has me concerned as I do not want to be without my PC due to lost revenue.  Is there a way for me to look at the warranty level purchased with this PC?

After reading this post, I am not confident my PC will be returned as promptly as I require.  I believe there was an SLA agreement of some kind; however, I do not have my paperwork handy. 

Must I send this in?  I live in the Denver/Boulder area.  I was told by CustSvc I must send it off.  It is difficult for me to believe there is not a local dealer or service outlet I can take it to. 

BR,

wd

P.S. Will someone clarify for me how you describe the left vs right side?  I am fairly certain I am not the only person confused by posts in this thread.

Blue Screen Again
lengo

CO76TECH wrote:

T61 6465-CTO

Similar problem.  The single vertical port, on what I would consider the left side between the PCMCIA slot and the 1/8 headphone jack, has never worked, not even memory sticks.  I opened a case today and was told to ship the PC to Lenovo in a box that I am to receive in the AM.  This post has me concerned as I do not want to be without my PC due to lost revenue.

BR,

wd

P.S. Will someone clarify for me how you describe the left vs right side?  I am fairly certain I am not the only person confused by posts in this thread.

There seem to be two configurations of T61 when it comes to the USB ports: one configuration like yours (one left, two right), and another like mine (7662-CTO; one right (towards the rear of the computer [i.e., where the battery lives] from the CD bay) and two left (b/t PCMCIA and ethernet/modem [my headphone/mic jacks are on the front])). There may be other configurations, but I think most people here have indicated their configuration. Basically, I'm using 'left' and 'right' from the perspective of the computer oriented as it would be if I was typing on it on the desk in front of me.

I'm surprised you got a 'case number' and a request to send it it--I haven't gotten that far with anyone yet . . . I'm at the point of leaving the country and do not have time to send mine in anymore, but certainly give Lenovo a call and see what they can do for you in terms of providing another machine to maintain your revenue. At the very least, ask about your warranty and what it covers. Good luck!
Paper Tape
GWiz

I'm having the exact same problem with my ThinkPad T61 7659-12U, but I'l add a twist...

I have the exact same problem when I try to use my 2Gb PNY USB memory stick (note: this memory stick works fine on my desktop system).
But, I do not have any problem when using an old 64Mb Lexar JumpDrive.
USB ports work fine for all other applications I have tried.
Fanfold Paper
smagus

[ Edited ]
I have the same with my Lenovo V200 0769-32G. Sometimes port on the right side is not working and I have this message.

Message Edited by smagus on 05-05-2008 01:16 PM
R61 - T7100, 2GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 140m, 120GB HDD, WSXGA+, 1GbE, Intel 4965N
Serial Port
zm996

I just want to say I love my T61, and any problems ive had with it to this point have just been growing pains from the transition to the vista platform. But i have to ask myself if this problem would have occured back before lenovo took over. and this being my first lenovo thinkpad i am certainly watching very closely to see ho they rectify this situation. IBM custoimers are very used a high level of customer and technical service.
Regards,
T61 6465-CTO 2.2 duo 4gig ram vista
R61i 8932-CTO 1.8 duo core 3gig ram vista
Blue Screen Again
lengo

Well, they certainly haven't done anything to rectify the situation with me . . . All in all I'm happy with my T61, but it does feel like I'm working without one of my fingers with a crippled USB port.
Paper Tape
GWiz

Re: T61 "USB Device not recognized" -- INTERESTING UPDATE

I am trying to use a PNY Attache 2.0 USB Drive on a ThinkPad T61 7659‑12U. It doesn’t matter which port I plug into, right side, left side, back of docking station; my laptop sees the drive, but cannot read from or write to it.

I dug up a Belkin USB hub that I had lying around. This USB hub is a powered device and my thinking was that maybe the laptop USB ports were not supplying enough power to the USB drive.

Well, lo and behold, it works! I can now read and write to my USB drive.

Here’s the kicker…I never plugged in the power supply for the hub. So what I have is a USB hub between the USB drive and the laptop. Why does this make it work? And what am I supposed to do when I’m on the road? Carry the USB hub with me?

Bottom line…LENOVO, we still need a solution.

Fanfold Paper
msol1

Was this problem cleared up.
I have T61p config with 2 USB on right one on left.
With all flash drives and mp3 players I get message that devices are only running at 1.0 speed.
Review of device manager indicates some higher functioning but not accessible USB drives.
Anyone else not this prob???

regards
_______
TP X24, TP T61p WUXGA, MSI Wind