Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
chris101

T61 red tint problem

I have T61 7663-AK5 and  the screen tints red while I am using it. All the black on the screen turns red. When I push down with my hand on the palm rest, the colours go back to normal. I have connected the laptop to an external display and it works fine. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,236
Solutions: 1,324

Re: T61 red tint problem

which area of palmrest are you pushing? if touching palmrest has an effect on your screen colour, then it most likely means that something is wrong with your GPU.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
chris101

I am pushing down around the mouse pad and the right side of my mouse pad, which is above the harddrive. Where would the gpu be located? I have an onboard video card. Maybe one of the connections is loose?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,236
Solutions: 1,324

not in that area, the GPU is located around the trackpoint area.

According to your model no. you have the nvidia GPU and not the intel gpu.

Try to place some paper between the palmrest and magnesium.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
keithwee

hi, glad to find your post. I've a T61 also and face the exact same problem (twice). 

4 months back this problem occurred and I sent the laptop in for servicing. The engineer couldn't replicate the problem and refused to fix anything since I couldn;t provide any proof of the problem.

And just 2 hrs ago, the same problem came back. (sigh) Just took quite a few photos of the screen and will send it in on coming Monday. Will update you once I get some news (and hopefully some help) 

Have always heard and thought Thinkpads were really quality stuff and that IBM provides great service. Now I really have my doubts about both and am considering going back to Fujitsu instead. 

Blue Screen Again
keithwee

and yup, pressing on the laptop doesnt help in my case.