Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
lenovo_customer

T61 - warranty status of the machine got accidentally changed to expired and cannot be reactivated

Hello,

two years ago, I bought a lenovo T61 with three years of warranty *home service*. Soon after, I needed a service repair of my notebook. At this time it was no problem to register my machine at lenovo and to get the service repair.

Unfortunately, two month ago, there was again the same problem with my machine. When I then tried to call in the service, the lenovo warranty system claimed that my warranty had already expired the exact day I actually had bought the machine. I looked into the lenovo forum and found out that others had similar problems. So I followed the adwise in this forum to adress to thinkpls_we@lenovo.com, but lenovo kept on telling me that there had never been a warranty on my notebook. I sent lenovo the original bill, on which is written *bought with three years of warranty, home repair service*, I sent them the invoice tracking number of the first service repair, I even contacted my licenced lenovo dealer to confirm that the machine was not accidentally sold as a broker machine *lenovo suggested this*, but still the company refuses to accept my warranty. So, in compliance with my lenovo dealer and after two months of many, many e-mails with lenovo, I now try to find help in this forum. I would be happy if somebody has an idea what to do with my warranty problem.

Retired Employee
lak_sg

Re: T61 - warranty status of the machine got accidentally changed to expired and cannot be reactivat

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I would like try to help and I've sent a private message for additional details.

Please let me know.

thanks!

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Fanfold Paper
lenovo_customer

Re: T61 - warranty status of the machine got accidentally changed to expired and cannot be reactivat

Hello,

I am very grateful for the help of the people in this forum. They really do a very good job and offer very quick help! Thanks a lot!

But despite the good help of this forum, unfortunately the problem with my warranty at lenovo is still not solved,. At the moment I am just forwarded from lenovo to the dealer and from the dealer back to lenovo again. Nobody is taking responsibiltiy. The dealer claimes to have sold the machine with warranty (as would be reasonable as I properly received a service repair two years ago) and lenovo claims the machine was sold as  broker machine without any warranty. When I asked the dealer to take care of the service repair they tried to contact lenovo, but so far (already two weeks) there has been no answer from lenovo. I would be very happy if anybody has any further ideas.