Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
winipcfg

T61 weird Video display

[ Edited ]

Dear all,

The display crashed when I play a pc game with 3D graphics yesterday's display suddenly turns in black. I restart the system by pressing the switch and the laptop gave me a "bip" sound

After I reboot and the system startup, the console display is weird that it is splited into two as follows.

--------------------------------------------------------------
|                                                                                |

|                                                                                |

The upper and lower part shows the same display with glitches (horizontal lines)

The display resumed normal after I reboot the system again. Then I login the Window Vista and tried to check the nVidia panel. The video display crash again and turned to black.

Is that there is a problem on my video card? The environment is misty yesterday and not sure if it affects my laptop

Thanks for help

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

Re: T61 weird Video display

the GPU has failed, do you have warranty still?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
winipcfg

Sadly to say no.

Are there anything I can do to confirm the hardware problem?

Thanks

lead_org

try to connect the laptop to an external monitor, and see if the problem comes up again. Also, try to run some graphics card benchmark and see whether the problem gets worse.
Regards,

Jin Li

What's DOS?
bvrajanikanth

Hi,

I have the same problem with my T61. I tried connecting the external monitor, but it didn't helped me. what could be my further steps to fix this.? Need you inputs.

Thanks,

Venkat

lead_org

bvrajanikanth wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem with my T61. I tried connecting the external monitor, but it didn't helped me. what could be my further steps to fix this.? Need you inputs.

Thanks,

Venkat

you most likely need a new motherboard, seek warranty if you still have it and if you don't get the post warranty agreement called the 'maintenance agreement' which is around 200 dollars for the most basic one, this is going to be cheaper than you sourcing the motherboard yourself and fixing it.

Regards,

Jin Li

Blue Screen Again
winipcfg

[ Edited ]

lead_org wrote:
try to connect the laptop to an external monitor, and see if the problem comes up again. Also, try to run some graphics card benchmark and see whether the problem gets worse.

Now my computer crash even I simply want to startup my computer

The situation is shown as below in order

1. I can start my laptop once. I run scandisk and verify there are no bad sectors.
  2. I reinstall the video driver that is download from lenovo web page. It make sure there is no corruption on driver
  3. I reboot again and able to work (about an hour)
  4. System suddenly turns black and hard drive light is flashing
  5. I reboot and login to Windows
  6. Windows restart my video driver after login around 1 minutes. during that period the hard drive light is flashing
  7. Windows turns black after a while
  8. I reboot the system. As described before, glitches are shown in the startup and screen is splited into two. After a while it turns black
  9. I plugin an external monitor and try again. Now the screen is not splited but the glitches still exist. So I confirm it is not my monitor problem
  10. I checked whether the laptop overheated. The fan in the laptops still works  as I sense some hot air

I suspect whether it is related to moisture. This makes me remember my old desktop (7 years) that always turned to black screen in misty days.:smileysad: