Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
GammaRay

Re: T61P Graphic problems--Mark_Lenovo

To: Mark_Lenovo

I am going to be purchasing new systems but the St Patricks day sale is over on monday.

I have been waiting and waiting to make this purchase and need to know if this issue is resolved or not.

If its not resolved by Monday can someone from Lenovo please still offer me the 25% off pricing savings I have seen off and on again and again, whenever this issue IS resolved? 

I really don't want to have to buy from another company.

-GR
Punch Card
magic

Re: T61P Graphic problems--random shut down, BSOD, Crash

today i'm try to install memory to second slot. But it not help. Also i trying to install drivers from laptopvideo2go. It also not help. Last chance is buy new memory and test system. I will write here soon (when i'm buy new memory).
ThinkPad T61
T7500(2.2GHz), 3GB RAM (2+1), 160GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1440x900 LCD, 128MB nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M Windows XP SP2 32 bit
Punch Card
webdtc

GammaRay,

You can make a quote and I think it is good for 30 days.

Also, the issue I think does not affect all of the notebooks.  I am sure it is more likely you would get a perfectly fine machine than one with this issue.

But, yes, I hope there is an update soon.

All computers have some kind of issue.  I think this one is a pretty big issue especially if it's hardware that needs to be replaced, but at least we know that Mark and Lenovo is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix.

I went and purchased a 2gb stick of RAM so I could have 2gb on my machine again.  My machine is working pretty much perfectly now that I have 2gb in just 1 dimm.  But now I have 2 1gb sticks that I can't do anything with.

Punch Card
GammaRay

> You can make a quote and I think it is good for 30 days.

Okay cool. I'll keep that in mind.

> Also, the issue I think does not affect all of the notebooks. 
>I am sure it is more likely you would get a perfectly fine machine than one with this issue.

Thats what I'm hoping for! :smileyhappy:

>But now I have 2 1gb sticks that I can't do anything with.

I guess theres always Craigslist! Or...  I'd keep one of them incase they get a fix for all the systems figured out soon!

Thanks for the help.

Good Luck everyone! (Mark and his tech team included...)  As being a System Engineer, i completely understand what you are ALL going through.  I hope everyone can be patient, It looks like there will be a resolution.. and hopefully soon.  I'll be following the forum closely to see what the outcome turns out to be. ... So  V E R Y curious to know.

-GR
Punch Card
poptartkiller

I got mine back today and it thankfully turns on, I am going to test it later tonight and I'll let you guys know.
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

[ Edited ]
Magic,

If you are running a single 2 gb dimm and are having trouble, then this is not the same issue (rather unlikely). The symptoms in question here occurr with 2 dimms  (1+1, 2+1, 2+2) and 3D gaming, 3Dmark, and sometimes PC Doc.   I'd check bios level, and I'd ensure you are in slot zero.  If you have another memory module I would remove the first for testing rather than adding a second one.

All,

Sorry to keep you hanging.  Progress is being made, and I hope to be able to make a proper statement regarding the symptoms and resolution hopefully now by end of next week.   As you certainly understand, I'm just the messenger in this role here.

Opinions will vary, but I don't think there is a compelling reason NOT to buy now.   The symptoms are not experienced by all, and those that do occur can be resolved.

That said, locking in a quote if you have time to spare is always a good hedge to see if you can get a better price in the next 30 days.

Best regards.

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 03-13-2008 01:31 PM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Serial Port
Axure

Dear Mark_Lenovo (or Lenovo in general),

I was intending to buy a T61p (15'', w/ T9300) within incoming days, but the memory/graphics problem really worries me, because there's no doubt I will let the Quadro feel the heat... :smileywink:  (e.g. will use 3d extensively).

Unfortunately, buying the T61p now, and upgrading / fixing it later is not an option for me, because the customer service / technical service of Lenovo in Poland is a disaster. Their infamy is really widespread across Polish forums, so the last thing I need is to rely on them to get my laptop to work properly.

This is why I have to ask what is the progress in resolving this technical issue and whether I should wait with my purchase.
(Although I would really hate to wait - I'm going to our beautiful Polish mountains for a couple of days and I'd love to have a laptop in the evenings after I'm dead from the hiking trail :smileywink: .)

Please, advise me ASAP, because I need to make the purchase this Monday (March 17th) to get everything set-up and installed before I leave.

Thanks.

PS.  Mark - please tell your seniors that you really need more people responding to these forums. You seem to be doing a decent job, but it's obvious that you're overwhelmed with the amount of posting. And clients / potential clients do get angry when they don't see swift and meaningful responses (although they won't always let you know). If you need our support behind your plea, I'll sign it with both hands.
Punch Card
GammaRay

AGREED!  Thank you Axure, and Mark, I'll take that into consideration..

Thanks,

-GR
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

All,

I understand member's expectations, but I also remind them to read the rules - this is a peer to peer support community, with SOME level of Lenovo support.   There is no guarantee of a Lenovo answer or a specific response time.  Here's the opening paragraph from the rules.

Objectives of Lenovo Discussion Forums

These communities have been created to provide a high quality atmosphere in which users of Lenovo products and services may share experiences and expertise. While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel. This is an informal and public forum, and Lenovo does not guarantee the accuracy of information and advice posted here -- see important Warranty information below.

However, that said, I personally have hopes and expectations that more members of Lenovo will join and participate, and we are already seeing that.   Myles_Lenovo has joined and brings along a lot of experience, as well as Bloo and Shumpert.

I also have hopes and expectations that the blogs and forums are just a first step in a longer journey that we will all take together.   I'll end there so as not to hijack this thread.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Serial Port
Axure

[ Edited ]
Thank you, Mark, for your response.
Indeed, I didn't really read the rules - joining new forums, I always assume that not swearing and not startig flame wars is good enough :smileywink:.

I encourage Lenovo to take a more official and serious stance towards the forums, because it is very useful for users to be able to read about other people's problems, solutions that have been found and Lenovo's own reactions.

At the same time, I'd like to thank Mark and others from Lenovo for contributing to this forum. They definitely are a good seed from which full-blown support forums should be grown.

Message Edited by Axure on 03-13-2008 11:59 PM