Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
MV10

T61p (6459) Win 7 Bluetooth driver?

Just the other day I replaced my hard drive with a solid state drive, and I did a fresh install of Windows 7.

I haven't had any driver issues except getting Bluetooth to work. (Bluetooth was working under the Lenovo-installed Vista image I received with the machine originally.) When I follow the Lenovo site's driver prompts I am sent to the following list:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67853

I tried the Vista Bluetooth driver, but it tells me the Bluetooth device isn't installed or is inactive. Since I'm not installing all the unnecessary Thinkpad software (or ThinkVantage or whatever it's called), I don't have the software radio power control. Is that what is needed to activate the Bluetooth radio so that the driver can be installed?

If so, can I get just that one piece of software somewhere? Or is it something else?

Maliha

Re: T61p (6459) Win 7 Bluetooth driver?

[ Edited ]

Hi MV10,

Hotkey utility is needed to turn on the Bluetooth. After installation you would need to press Fn-F5 and then power on the device:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74261

Afterwards proceed with installing Bluetooth driver.

Hope it helps. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Paper Tape
xtreme247

what driver and where can i get it?

i have the hotkey program installed, and my computer easily recognizes the bluetooth devices, but cannot sync with them. i never had this problem with vista.  the devices are a platronics headset and blackberry 9630. i have a thinkpad t61p as well. 

Paper Tape
xtreme247

bump

Paper Tape
tonygarciaiii

I signed in just to thank you.  I've been using my Wii Controller for Presentations/Music for ages, and though that part of my life was gone forever after upgrading to Windows 7.

Punch Card
CobraRGuy

I think the link from Maliha is incorrect. Here is the correct link for Hotkey Integration for Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) for most Thinkpad laptops including the T60/T61 series:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74261

CobraRGuy

Maliha

Thanks CobraGuy, I have corrected the link.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Blue Screen Again
Nosajfuji

[ Edited ]

THANK YOU Maliha :smileyvery-happy:

This really helped me, fixed my issue PERFECTLY!!!

I have a T61p (6460) {Win 7- 64} and was trying to get the bluetooth driver installed to get it to work and I knew I needed to turn on the radio but couldn't get the Fn-f5 keys to work (and I have had a t61 {Ubuntu 8.04/Win XP} and it worked great on both OS's). So I searched and SEARCHED...til I found this thread and your link. Yaaaaay, this did the trick!!!

Now I get this nice user interface window that pops up and asks which radio (WiFi or BT) I want to turn on (or off).

Then I was able to install drivers and connect to my phone perfectly after turning on the Bluetooth radio.

Thank You again and I am sure this will help others also.

Blue Screen Again
Nosajfuji

[ Edited ]

...Also Thank you CobraRGuy too for the correct link, this was a great help in getting the Fn-f5 to access my BT radio power switch.

T61p (6460) WIN 7-64

What's DOS?
chen_fuk

i'm already install the hotkey features in newest version..but im still cannot find the bluetooth if i press the key Fn+F5..?i'm already download the bluetooth enhanced but in proggres to install the setup cannot find my device/bluetooth..can u help me?