Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
cyclone_p

T61p Unexpected Shutdown : Won't boot again until power cord and battery are removed

Hello :

I have a Leveno T61p. I bought it in August 2007.

Everytime I boot it, it runs for a few minutes trying to boot and then it shutsdown completely (no beeps nothing). Once it does that, I can't seem to boot it up again using the power button, unless I were to take the power cord and the battery out and plugged both or one of them back in.

It then starts up for a few minutes and then goes through the same cycle as described above.

It's frustrating because I can't even get it to boot up to the diagnostics partition to try and see what's wrong.

It is out of warranty. I had sent it in to Lenovo last year (cost me $400) and they apparently replaced the motherboard. It worked fine for a couple of months and then started having problems again.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this will be appreciated.

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

Re: T61p Unexpected Shutdown : Won't boot again until power cord and battery are removed

the repair should be covered by 3 months, if you are within that then you should be okay.

If you are out of warranty, lenovo offers post warranty warranty on your laptop, it should not cost more than 200 dollars for the basic package, and then get it fixed under warranty.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=TPAD-PWMA

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft