Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
kurul

Re: T61p beeps 1 long and 2 shorts with a blank screen when booting

Hello,

44C3931 is replacement of the 42W7877 and 42W7653. This information comes from Lenevo services. I bought 44C3931 from Ebay (Seller from maleysia and price is 320$), i change myself my 42C7877 to 44C3931. i have 1 problem which is:Now i can not see model number and serial number of my T61P. All other things are working perfectly.

Paper Tape
Rhotar

[ Edited ]

Hi  Everyone

Recently i faced the same situation, my laptop died overnight i was getting the same 3 beeps mentioned before, luckily for me i still have 3 years of warranty, however after following the standard procedure to send my laptop to support i was informed that my warranty is void due to "user manipulation", this user manipulation was because i was instructed by the help desk run from argentina(i can tell by the accent of the technician who answered my call) to open the laptop to do some test with the memory dimms.

My point is that wheter there was an intentional or accidental manipulation of the device, the defective parts that caused the laptop to malfunction still remain  and based on that lenovo should -in my humble oppinion- exchange or repair the device without cost.

Currently i was given 2 options, pay over 100 usd to get my unrepaired laptop back, or pay over 900 usd to have it repaired plus 100 usd for services fee.

So i kindly ask anyone to help me or point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Aley Chena

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 274

Rhotar,

Adding or changing memory should not void your warranty.  I'll try to help...

Can you send me a private message with your contact information - name, address, phone, and also the model type and serial number from the bottom of your computer?

I'll look for your reply and will work on this next week.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
Rhotar

hi Mark

I sent you a pm hope you can help me out, thank you

Regards,

Rhotar

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 274

[ Edited ]

Rhotar,

Thanks - I've brought your situation to the attention of the appropriate team and hopefully they will be in contact with you shortly, if they have not already reached you.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
yesmar

T61 One long beep, two short beeps...and dead

Hi Mark,

Two years ago we purchased 2 - T61 laptops for my kids homeschool efforts. Yesterday, my son's did the three beeps and is now dead. From what I have read on the net, this is prob a GPU problem and a known issue for these units. Of course the computer is out of warranty, but I expect more from your company than to have a two year old $1100 box die like this. Others such as Dell and HP have at least offered some warranty extension to address this problem. Additionally, as I said we have another one, and feel that it may only be a matter of time before it also fails. We have owned at least 8 thinkpads (my wife works for IBM) and some are still going strong after 6 years. The only reason we replaced them was to update...never for a problem like this. My son of course is crushed without his laptop and we need to get the issue resolved. I called customer support and they told me "you should have bought the warranty". Not a good answer for me. We could replace the board, but there is no way to insure that we don't get another defective part. Please advise us on the best course of action.

Thanks,

Tim

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,276

Re: T61 One long beep, two short beeps...and dead

Lenovo have never extended the manufacturers warranty on laptops with the potentially defective Nvidia GPU, the only remedy for this problem right now is for you to extend the warranty on your out of warranty laptops by calling Lenovo customer support in USA. It is not free but better than paying 1100 dollars for a motherboard replacement.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
tsai_235

hello lead_org,

glad to see you again from the other forum.

so are you saying we can call in to extend our warranty even if we are currently out of warranty? i wouldn't mind doing that if this would actually work...

Fanfold Paper
tsai_235

[ Edited ]

Hello fellow disgruntled T61/T61P owners,

Just want to add myself to this list. my T61 started acting up this past Friday 12/18/2009, and of course I'm out of warranty since I bought it in 2007 and having a ThinkPad the thought of purchasing additional warranty never hit me until the aforementioned date.

So Mark, what are my options? I also have a 6459-CTO and I tried calling the CSR today (12/22/2009) and John (very polite and patient guy) said he couldn't find any ECA on this issue and the only thing he could do for me is to send in a box and I have to pay for the labor and parts. =(

Please help!!! I don't want to throw my T61 away. I love it dearly!!!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,276

yes that works according to Erik the mod on this forum, which great for many people whom is suffering the same problem on their out of warranty machines.  

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft