Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
oops

Re: T61p exhibiting 1 long and 2 short beep and black screen

[ Edited ]

Hey,guys:

My T61 exhibited the "1 long and 2 short beep" problem and I sent it to a nearest service station 2 days ago.

What I can see on the service request detail is that they received my laptop yesterday and the current status is "HF", which means"Hold for Customer Info. Request Center is awaiting further information from customer (i.e., phone number, customer address)."

And     "STATUS: PN 44C3933ETA 6/1"      appears.

Anyone knows what does this mean, do I have to call them? or my laptop is repaired and they gonna send it back to me.

Thx a lot

Maliha

Hi oops,

Welcome to the forum!

My wild guess is that 44C3933 is a part number for new system board for T61 and it is (or was) expected to arrive (ETA) on June 1st.

Does it make any sense? :smileyhappy:

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Blue Screen Again
oops

Hey Maliha  :

Thx a lot for your help, :smileyvery-happy:

Btw, life is tough without laptop.

Punch Card
tigerwong

I heard that the model numbers starting with 42W or 44C  for motherboards are defective. And the model number starting with 43Y is probably the flawless ones.

Paper Tape
lahuard

I've had the T61p model for 2 years and I just got this defect. 

My computer type: 6459CTO

My motherboard seems to be the type that people are talking about, the 44C. I'm going to sift through the conversation to try to get more information, but who do I contact about this? I called tech support and got a case number. 

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

since you already got a case number, then what else do you need in regard to this problem?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
lahuard

Well, they tell me my computer is out of warrenty and there is nothing they can do. My laptop that I paid 1600 bucks for has been reduced to a paperweight in less than 2 years, I'd like to get that fixed. I am experiencing the 1 long beep 2 short beep problem and I'm not sure where to begin. I send Mark_Lenovo a private message with my information.

Fanfold Paper
usa_serega

Here is a quick recoup of what happened to me: waking up in the morning, turning up the comp -> 1 long 2 short beeps and computer dead, the very next day calling customer support. The first one didn't even wanna talk to me. Reason?! My laptop was out of warranty. He said: " Nothing can be done, this conversation has to end here". The second call put me through the representative who was at least patient to listen to the problem only to announce: "Hmm, 1 long and 2 short beeps?! Absolutely, far away from the symptoms that we even consider for recall", dead end. I placed another call. As soon as I described the problem the guy said: " Yes, we will repair it even though your machine is out of warranty, we are aware of this problem". Case number created, box sent and recieved the next day. And then just good happy customer.

Advice: guys keep calling, keep explaining your problem. You reach unknowladgable personel?! keep calling. Wish you good luck.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

usa_serega wrote:

Here is a quick recoup of what happened to me: waking up in the morning, turning up the comp -> 1 long 2 short beeps and computer dead, the very next day calling customer support. The first one didn't even wanna talk to me. Reason?! My laptop was out of warranty. He said: " Nothing can be done, this conversation has to end here". The second call put me through the representative who was at least patient to listen to the problem only to announce: "Hmm, 1 long and 2 short beeps?! Absolutely, far away from the symptoms that we even consider for recall", dead end. I placed another call. As soon as I described the problem the guy said: " Yes, we will repair it even though your machine is out of warranty, we are aware of this problem". Case number created, box sent and recieved the next day. And then just good happy customer.

Advice: guys keep calling, keep explaining your problem. You reach unknowladgable personel?! keep calling. Wish you good luck.

third time lucky.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

I apologize again that this remains an inconsistent experience - we will redouble our efforts to ensure everyone is up to speed on this.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество