Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: T61 One long beep, two short beeps...and dead

Mark has an in-box which often runs into 3 figures, it's understandable that he may need time to answer. We do however know that he prioritises PMs that he personally has requested members to send him.

A little patience will be required.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Blue Screen Again
kaede

ok im confused now. i bought my laptop at us. now im at singapore. build unit is 11-07. what mark said he can check with sg support. what sg support said check with us support. apparently those reheating method only temp sollution.

but i havent try mentioning about those MIGR thing.

802.11n
eecon

[ Edited ]

kaede wrote:
ok im confused now. i bought my laptop at us. now im at singapore. build unit is 11-07. what mark said he can check with sg support. what sg support said check with us support. apparently those reheating method only temp sollution.

but i havent try mentioning about those MIGR thing.

The build unit sticker is Yr/Mo so it is impossible for you to have a July 2011 Build T61/T61p.

I suspect you mean you have a July 2007 build.

You should spend some time first reading the threads to find the answer you seek here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/T61p-exhibiting-1-long-and-2-short-beep-...

Two (I used to have Five) - T61p 15.4" WS T9300 2.5Ghz units, August 08/08 Builds with FX570M Nvidia Graphics; ... One W520 i7-2860QM w/2000M Nvidia Graphics (most recent acquisition and stupidly fast); .... One - T42 4:3 15" Flexview 1.8GHz with ATI Graphics (still perfect for traveling); ... Two - T500 15.4" units both with ATI HD3650 Graphics.
Fanfold Paper
ontellutas

Re: T61p exhibiting 1 long and 2 short beep and black screen

Hey guys,

thank you very much for all efforts and time spent to help us customers. Last year I experienced the same issue with a T61p built before August 08. Lucky me the laptop was still in warranty and I got a motherboard replacement for free.

After April 2011 my laptop is not in warranty anymore and I have two questions:

is it likely to get the same exact mb failure with the new board? I checked online to get a warranty extension for my 6459, but there is none offered. Is it worth a try calling the LENOVO hotline and asking for an extension? Any experience with that laptop and the estimated costs for it?

Thanks again,

Lukas

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,337
Solutions: 288

ontellutas,

It is unlikely for the symptoms would reoccur.  Keeping the fan and heatsink clean can extend the overall life and performance of the system.   That said, a post warranty maintenance agreement can be a relatively inexpensive way to cover the system for additional time after the base and extended warranty expired.

Check with service about pricing on a maintenance agreement - a business partner should be able to help you with this as well.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
ontellutas

thank you very much, Mark!!

Lukas

802.11n
eecon

[ Edited ]

ontellutas wrote:

Hey guys,

thank you very much for all efforts and time spent to help us customers. Last year I experienced the same issue with a T61p built before August 08. Lucky me the laptop was still in warranty and I got a motherboard replacement for free.

After April 2011 my laptop is not in warranty anymore and I have two questions:

is it likely to get the same exact mb failure with the new board? I checked online to get a warranty extension for my 6459, but there is none offered. Is it worth a try calling the LENOVO hotline and asking for an extension? Any experience with that laptop and the estimated costs for it?

Thanks again,

Lukas

It would seem to me that logic would dictate that since your warranty repair occurred after Aug08, that you're now as good as the new units built from Aug08 at the factory.  Just follow Mark's advice and keep a can of air duster handy to give the fan and heat sinks a good puff regularly :smileywink:

Two (I used to have Five) - T61p 15.4" WS T9300 2.5Ghz units, August 08/08 Builds with FX570M Nvidia Graphics; ... One W520 i7-2860QM w/2000M Nvidia Graphics (most recent acquisition and stupidly fast); .... One - T42 4:3 15" Flexview 1.8GHz with ATI Graphics (still perfect for traveling); ... Two - T500 15.4" units both with ATI HD3650 Graphics.
Punch Card
tyranos

Hello,

my laptop is dead again i dont want to heat it again to make it works. Lenovo Poland isnt answering to emails and by phone i cannot do anything, Mark also didnt answer me maybe he will maybe he will not. So just can somebody tell me whats needs to be repaired ? Is changing nvidia chipset enough like they told me in one of customer service or i have to get new motherboard for my t61p ?

Regards

Ctrl-Alt-Del
magura

[ Edited ]

Tyranos, I'm sure Mark will eventually get back to you in a day or two. He does his best but bear in your mind, as someone has mentioned it elsewhere, his mailbox count quite often grows to 3 digits. Still, he's been extremely helpful in my case, reassuring me about the validity of my claims and putting faith back in CS @ Lenovo. Kudos, Mark.

You've certainly already learned the hard lesson that CS in Poland still have a way to go before they start recognizing they're losing more than just one customer over a couple of $. I'm curious what action they're going to take in my case, too. If they let me down they'll certainly lose more than they might be aware of - a loyal user, quite a few family members for whom I've always been an advisor in laptop choice and a person who contacts hundreds of young people each day, many of whom quite often turn to me with a question about the choice of a reliable portable they might stick to over the time of their studies. I belive there's something at stake...

Do as eecon suggested and wait paitiently for their reply. They've always asked me to email them about the problem and I've always received a reply (alas, the previous ones didn't help the problem but they DID reply). Just remember to call Lenovo Center, not some regional Lenovo repair shop as they're not aware of the internal MIGR document.

The contact details for Poland you will find helpful are as follows:

Tel: + 48 22 395 6476

email: info@lenovopolska.pl

Łączę pozdrowienia ;-)

Michał

ThinkPads: 560 / 770 / 380z / T20 (2647-44G) + Dock II / T23 / R50p (1832-23G) now with T42p mb (2373-CTO) / T41p (2374-GGG) / R.I.P. T61p (6458-W1H) @ HD (rip) + Adv. Dock / X200t (7453-BH7)
802.11n
eecon

FYI guys and gals:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=93357&p=616056#p616056