Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
Centex

Re: T61p beeps 1 long and 2 shorts with a blank screen when booting

"Actually Lenovo did post a recall notice for the some of the affected motherboards on the T61p, I will try to find it and post it here later. "

That's news to me. All of us T61p owners will certainly appreciate it if you post the notice.

Thank you,

Centex

JaneL

Centex wrote:

That's news to me. All of us T61p owners will certainly appreciate it if you post the notice.

He's probably incorrectly referring to this as a recall.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
handsome

"Actually Lenovo did post a recall notice for the some of the affected motherboard on the T61p, i will try to find it and post it here later. "

Can you send it to me ? This is a really good news for me! Thank you very much.

Kry
Punch Card
Kry

[ Edited ]
I would love to tell you guys that everything is great with the laptop and that I'm very happy about it, I would REALLY love to do so. Unfortunately I can't, because even if lenovo has been great regarding the repair, I don't have my laptop.

UPS has lost my laptop.

I kid you not. It was supposed to arrive here friday by 10:30am (Next day air). It didn't. And the tracking shows it arrived to Kentucky but never left that warehouse for NY.

I called them but they have no idea where my laptop is. "Maybe somewhere in the warehouse". They said I have to call lenovo and tell them to call UPS so UPS can start an investigation. Of course lenovo is not available until monday, so who knows when or if UPS will find my laptop. Or what lenovo will do if they don't.

Lots of joy this week.
Message Edited by Kry on 04-11-2009 11:24 PM
Token Ring
Centex

"UPS has lost my laptop."

Sorry to hear that. Please let us know what happens!!

Centex

Punch Card
Daniel

I have had 4 T61P system board replacements. 2 times where the 570M GPU failed just like you have experienced and 2 times for the problem Nonny posted. (The first time I sent it in, they changed the board and gave me the same defective part) It's a fairly common problem, unfortunately your notebook is out of warranty.
Kry
Punch Card
Kry

Update on my situation:

Called Lenovo first thing today. It seems is not too rare for this to happen as they are transfering my case to the department of "lost laptops", which sounds pretty funny to me, to the extent that I can fin anything related to this "funny".

They told me that due to UPS standard investigation times, it will take up to 8 days (which I know it's true because UPS told me the same). This puts me at 2 weeks without a laptop, which creates buckets of problems on my side, but I'm totally at UPS' mercy now. IBM/lenovo warranty service has been superb, it feels so ridiculous that UPS would screw up so badly.

And for those curious about it: lenovo also told me that if UPS doesn't find my laptop in this max 8 days they will give me a new laptop. Which is a relief, but unfortunately won't give me this 2 weeks back :smileysad:
Paper Tape
handsome

Yes, I think so.

Well, is it mean I have to pay for repair fee by myself because my lenovo is out of warranty? However this problem is lenovo's design defect and the customer should pay for their mistake?

Punch Card
Bei337

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

Same problem happened to me today.  Computer shutted down fine last night, but when I booted it up again today, I got a black screen.  I searched on Google for T61p 1 long 2 shorts and here I am!

I have the T61p 14" version, with the FX570M (128 MB memory).  Had the computer since September of 07, so that means out of warranty :smileysad:

I looked up my parts, and these are what I got that I think are the cause (why do I have 2 of the same part?)  But I could be wrong. 

42W3811 42W7650 SYSTEM PLANAR; FRU PLANAR CARD ASM NVIDI

42W9384 42W7650 SYSTEM PLANAR; FRU PLANAR CARD ASM NVIDI

At this point, I think I'll contact Lenovo and see what they can do for me...  Do any of you know te approximate cost to repair this problem w/o warranty?  Seems like it's a common problem on that GPU, maybe I should note that as I talk to Lenovo?

I'll keep you updated!  Thanks!

Message Edited by Bei337 on 04-17-2009 04:27 PM
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

To fix the motherboard problem out of warranty will cost you around 500 USD minimum, as you have to pay for the parts, labour and courier shipping. Just go to ebay and get a new motherboard, do it yourself.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft