Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
BIOS_momo
Accepted Solution

T61p: (hard drive) blue screen on auto-reboot after lenovo software/BIOS-update

After my computer started going into hibernation w/o any reason and during work last week I decided to install all new Windows and Lenovo updates and at the end update the BIOS.

Everything went fine until my computer rebooted during flashing the BIOS. Since I get past loading the BIOS/ the Thinkpad screen I guess flashing the BIOS went fine, but on booting Windows I get a blue screen telling me to

"Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer"

Having had the auto-hibernation problem, I already did check for viruses before installing and I didnt install any new hardware either. I ran a full checkup of my hard drive using PC Doctor and it didn't show anything out of the ordinary. 

Unfortunately I can't remember all the Lenovo updates I installed but I think "Fix for issue of HDD with HD detection for Windows 7 and Vista - Notebooks" might have been one of them. Is there a way to get a list of newly installed (Lenovo) software using "Rescue and Recovery" ? Or would it just be enough to re-install said update from a USB-device?

I hope someone can help, thanks in advance

Blue Screen Again
BIOS_momo

Re: T61p: (hard drive) blue screen on auto-reboot after lenovo software/BIOS-update

I forgot to add the tech info given in the blue screen, it's

STOP: 0x0000007b (0x80599BB0, 0xc0000034, 0X00000000,0X00000000)

so basically my computer can't access the boot device. The question now is, is there a way to install a new or the old hard drive controller/driver in "Rescue and Recovery" or is it better to run a partly recovery of my OS?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

Re: T61p: (hard drive) blue screen on auto-reboot after lenovo software/BIOS-update

what if you put the hdd to the compatibility mode in the bios menu? does the problem go away.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
BIOS_momo

i already did a partial recovery in order to backup my data and will now use the opportunity to upgrade my system with a bigger HDD.

Thanks anyway I'll try it the next time sth like that occurs :smileyhappy: