Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
cantek

Re: ThinkPad T60 Memory Remap (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit show 4gb but only 3gb usable)

[ Edited ]

Blue Screen Again
cantek

Re: ThinkPad T60 Memory Remap (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit show 4gb but only 3gb usable)

[ Edited ]

well you can't unring a bell and you apparently can't un reply here so i will make my corrections here

in my last post reply i said

"

heres how it works without going into too many details you have a machine that has hyperthreading capabilities IE: 2 processors in one. and you want the bus speed to function at it's highest possible speed so you install 2 matched memory modules of the same make grade speed and size. this enables the computer to take advantage of most or all of that hardware even if the operating system cant there is one less bottleneck in processing the i/o requests made on the hardware.

in a nutshell 4gb is still better in a matched pair than a 1gb and a 2gb module installed which can impair the operation of the os. 

i hope this helps"

some clarifications need to be addressed but otherwise i strand by my post

1.)   the laptop is a core 2 similar but better than HT technology again operationg better with 2 seperate duplicate memory modules.

2 according to IBM now Lenovo this laptop has a chipset that doesn't allow the full use of 4GB of ram.   3 being the max an operating system can use 64 bit or not .. but i would still use 2. 'matched pair' memory modules of 2gb ea. to get the best performance.

here's what the manual says about memory: 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, or 2GB and supports up to 4GB maximum memory
Note: Only 64-bit operating systems support more than 3GB of system memory (RAM). Intel Chipsets 945GM and 945PM do not support more than 3GB system memory (RAM), even when a 64-bit operating system is installed.

Michael B PC MAC consultant

647 330-TECH

for all your Toronto area computer  needs

What's DOS?
boenkertje

Here guys.

bios update for 4GB ram.

stop wining

What's DOS?
boenkertje

What's DOS?
boenkertje

bios update for 4GB ram

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70658

what was that? Only to 3GB??? :smileyvery-happy:

Maliha

boenkertje wrote:

bios update for 4GB ram

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70658

what was that? Only to 3GB??? :smileyvery-happy:

I don't think that applies here, basically they are saying that they fixed an issue where systems didn't work when 4GB RAM was installed, besides that's not even a BIOS update, it's BIOS deployment/Capture/Playback Utility. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel