Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
johnnok
Accepted Solution

Thinkpad T43p (2668-G4G) Network Controller and Biometric Coprocessor issues on Win XP Pro install

Hi all,

I am new the the forum but I guess its time time to recognise my defeat and send out a distress signal: Mayday Mayday Mayday...

INTRO

My original HDD (Hitachi 7,200 rpm IDE) crashed a few days ago so I repaced it with a WD 160GB drive (5,400 rpm).  I always get a firmware message on start up and I could only partition 130GB (not the full 160GB).  This I have read from various forums is a common problem with the Thinkpads and that it wont really affect the performance of my T43p... any comments?

THE REAL PROBLEM

I then restored the laptop with Win XP Pro and SP2+SP3 and all relevant updates (I have done this on numerous times and once before with this T43p without problems) and then setup all the Lenovo Drivers I could find pertaining to this model [2668-G4G]. I've got everything up and running EXCEPT the Wifi.  I've tried everything but just cant get it to work.  I used System Update, I tried downloading and installing in different order, I've removed the Access Connections etc. etc.  None of the Drivers on the Lenovo website seem to work for me.  I even tried using older versions of the Drivers, which I compiled on a CD last time I restored my T43p but even that doesn't work.  When I check the Device Manager there are always two yellow alert signes referring to Biometric Coprocessor and Network Controller.

Has anybody had these problems before and managed to resolve them? 

The HDD issue is not as crucial I guess but if anybody has a solution to that I'd be greatful.

Johann

ajkula66
Kudos: 750
Solutions: 792

Re: Thinkpad T43p (2668-G4G) Network Controller and Biometric Coprocessor issues on Win XP Pro insta

Welcome to the forum!

Your wireless driver:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6hwc05ww.zip

After downloading it, you must go into C>Drivers>Win>Wlanint and run the setup file from there

FPR:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70064

Follow the instructions on the download page.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X220T, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T60p, T61p, R500F

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Fanfold Paper
johnnok

Re: Thinkpad T43p (2668-G4G) Network Controller and Biometric Coprocessor issues on Win XP Pro insta

Thanks Goerge!

I had downloaded the this particular driver before but decided to do it again.  However what I did this time was to extract the files after downloading from your link.  I then opened the destination folder C:\DRIVERS\WIN\WLANINT *BUT* instead of running the Autorun file there (like I had been doing before) I went into the the subfolders C:\DRIVERS\WIN\WLANINT\XP\x32\Drivers and there I ran iProDifX application file and just cleared the problem! When runing Device Manager now there are now alerts so this cleared both the Biometric Coprocessor and Network Controller errors.

I hope this will helps anybody else that might be in the same situation.

Johann