Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Noryb

Turbo Memory on T61p

Hi all,

Was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the following: on the T61p, there are 3 mini PCIe expansion slots on the motherboard. 2 full size and 1 half size. 1 of the full size slots is taken by the WLAN card so that leaves 1 full size and 1 half size slot for me.

Now i want to install a intel turbo memory module. My question is can i install a half size 4gb module, like those found on the newer T400s and T500s, in the slot that is meant for the wireless USB module? also do i need to go for an orginal Lenovo item? Will other non-Lenovo PCIe components give the 1084 checksum error?

Cheers,

Byron

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Noryb

Re: Turbo Memory on T61p

hi all,

just a quick update.. i got both the 2 different sizes of turbo memory and tried them out on my T61p.. here are some of my findings..

Full sized PCI-e module (1GB)

Half sized PCI-e Module (2GB)

apparently only the Full sized 1GB module was recognizable on my T61p platform.. i am thinking that with the ICH8M chipset, the full sized 1GB is the max that the chipset will support.

the half sized 2GB module worked very well on a T400 with the ICH9M chipset..

Performance wise, without a clean install of windows 7, boot up time was noticably shorter and also shutdown was very much faster.. will be monintoring batt consumption.. will post again when i have more info to share :smileyhappy:

Byron