Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
nayyarsheikh

Unable to use Fingerprint Reader to boot the system

[ Edited ]

Hi Gurus,

I was hit with virus and I had to restore all my system using the recovery CD's few days back. I have not been able to turn on the fingerprint reader as it was used to be before on the system. Now it boots and stops at the hard disk password and that's it. I have enrolled the fingers but haven't been able to turn it on. I have done what has been told to me in the help section but to no avail.  I will appreciate if anyone can help me out asap. I am tried of restoring the laptop pls help me and I am about to travel soon so want it to be secured before I leave.

Thanks

Message Edited by nayyarsheikh on 05-04-2009 09:31 PM
THINKPADT61 / 7662CTO / T7500 / 100GB 7200RPM / 2GB RAM / 14.1 WIDE SCREEN / NVIDIA 140MS / 4965AGN / BT / WINDOWS XP
Retired Guru
fmyhr

Re: Unable to use Fingerprint Reader to boot the system

Hi nayyarsheikh,

I have found that I had to set a power-on password in addition to the hard drive password in order for the Windows fingerprint software to be able to set the scanner to supply the passwords at boot. Think this is a bug in the software. But you might try setting a power on password (set it to something different than your disk password) then run the Windows fingerprint software and enroll your fingers in power-on scanning.

---------

Results of Your Ideal Business-Class Laptop survey, concluded 2009-07-29.

Did someone help you?
Say thanks! with a kudo.
Even better: Pay it forward, help someone else. :smileyhappy: