Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Periodik

Unhappy about my T61

Hello,

I was happy when i have see the guy in the brown car drop me a box with Lenovo in red on the box. Its was wonderfull. But naw, have installed Windows XP on my laptop (because Vista was buggy and i have trouble with) so all nice i format and install XP without any problemes but now. Its random freeze, my mouse get kickout of my USB all time disconnected i need to unplug and plug it again and again, my wifi dosent work all time, the laptop can be verry slow and fast. Random crash of my Nvidia and my battries started to meltdown.

So, i have all do the upgrade : Chipset, Video Cards ect .. i have installed all my drivers with System Updated 3, Windows XP all patched and all bios update done. I have contacted so many time the technical support. I am tierd, its dosent work and slow. 

I dont know if is possible to be FULL refunded i want to buy somthing else. If someone have the solutions. Please help me !

Punch Card
Quagmyre

Re: Unhappy about my T61

Run Lenovo's PC doctor and see what it reports. You may have hardware issues.

Since your T61 came with Vista, do you have Turbo Memory? If yes, then disable it if you're running on XP.

Fanfold Paper
Periodik

I got no issue with my Hard drive (Tested with PC-Doctor 5, 10 times) Nothing. I dont have the Memory Turbo.

Somthing else ?

Lenovo FTSS - Contributor
kr00zn

Hi Periodik,

What method did you use to downgrade from Vista to XP?  How did you install XP?  Did you purchase and use the set of XP Pro Recovery CDs from Lenovo?  If not, that may be why you're having dificulties.  Please refer to the support page:   http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=VSTA-DWNGRD

Fanfold Paper
Periodik

How stupid. I have my Windows XP Licneses buy at 200 bucks and i need to buy another one ? Wow..
Punch Card
Quagmyre

So the hard drive is fine. Did you check the other components in your PC (expecially RAM) as well?

Guru
amace

Do you have the Nvidia card?  It is possible that you were one of the unlucky ones to get a faulty Nvidia card.  Nvidia recently said they have released many cards with faulty materials, causing crashes.  They didn't mention what cards and laptops were affected, but Thinkpads may be affected.  From the sounds of things, you ahve a very similar configuration as my laptop, and I've had no problems so far, so you may just be unlucky.

T61 15.4" T9300 (2.5GHz 6MB L2) Windows 7 Professional x64 4GB Memory, NVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Punch Card
wearetheborg

You should be asking for a refund from microsoft and not Lenovo.

In the meantime, just give Linux a try. There  are "live" versions which do not even need installation and just run from the CD. I recommend Mint or Ubuntu.

Guru
amace

100% sure Microsoft will give you nothing.  They didn't do anything wrong, as Windows will install fine on about 99% of all computers (not counting macs).  IF it really is a problem with instailling a retail copy of Windows (doubt it, since you'r probably not the first to try that) then its a problem with the way Lenovo makes their computers, not Microsofts ability to adapt to ALL computers.  Don't waste your time with Microsoft, they'll just tell you to call Lenovo.
T61 15.4" T9300 (2.5GHz 6MB L2) Windows 7 Professional x64 4GB Memory, NVidia Quadro NVS 140M
ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

Do yourself a favour and call Lenovo again, get a proper XP set for your machine and move on. It will be money well spent.

That is assuming that you've run PC-Doctor on every component of your system and Memtest86 on your RAM without anything showing any signs of failure.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.