Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rbulto
Accepted Solution

Unknown device at Intel(R) 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9

Hello,

Does anyone has an idea of what device driver should I download and install for the system to see this device?

My system crashed and I had to restore it by reinstalling Windows XP; I have downloaded all possible drivers and tried to search the web, but I wasn't able to find anything helpful.

My laptop is a Thinkpad T60 1952-WUU (Spanish)

Thank you in
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: Unknown device at Intel(R) 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9

I think you may be missing the S-ATA, Intel Matrix Storage Driver. You will find it, (click on hard drive), on this site along with all other drivers for your TP. 

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
rbulto

Re: Unknown device at Intel(R) 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9

Thank you andyP, but I'm afraid that that's not the problem.

I downloaded and installed the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver before posting my message.

The README.TXT that comes with that driver, reads:

- 'Intel(R) 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller'
      If the controller above is present, the system is
      an ICH7M system in AHCI mode and no further action
      is required.

So it's got to be something else.

Any ideas?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rbulto

I finally found what device driver I was missing: Amtel TPM!

I found this solution on justinho.com blog.

I downloaded the driver from IBM's support & download, installed it, and that was it!

I hope this information is helpful to others in the future.

Regards
What's DOS?
hshajin1982

[ Edited ]

Hi friend,

First download "Atmel TPM (Trusted Platform Module) driver" and install it after instal "IMSM...Intel matrix storage management system.

Message Edited by hshajin1982 on 08-23-2008 04:42 AM
Message Edited by hshajin1982 on 08-23-2008 04:43 AM
What's DOS?
maksood

Hi

rbulto wrote:
I finally found what device driver I was missing: Amtel TPM!

I found this solution on justinho.com blog.

I downloaded the driver from IBM's support & download, installed it, and that was it!

I hope this information is helpful to others in the future.

Regards

I am facing the same problem and i tried to find it on ibm support and download center but i couldnt plz help me or send me the link....

Regards