Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
mcarden11
Accepted Solution

Updated Power manager version

since updating my t60 power manger version the dynamic brightness control no longer works and will not save settings, any help ?

Fanfold Paper
wnsmith

Re: Updated Power manager version

I am having the exact same problem on a T400.  This started occurring after I updated the Power Manager to 1.90 on 4/5/2011.  I have tried uninstalling both the Power Manager and the Power Driver with no effect.  The only time it dims the screen is when the computer starts up and gets to the Windows screen (the BIOS screen is bright).  It dims to level 5 and stays that way until sometime after startup and then it goes to normal brightness level.  This is true even when the Power Manager and the Power Driver are uninstalled. 

Even though Shutdown/Startup and Screen Saver are checked it has no effect (as was stated previously I can't change them either).  When I reinstalled Power Manager it updated to 1.98 but I have the same problem.  If it makes any difference I updated the BIOS during the same day (though I usually install one at a time - just in case).

Please help us.  This is a real pain as it was working perfectly before the update.

Blue Screen Again
zicovsky

Also happening to me. All was fine and after updating it no longer saves the Dynamic Brightness settings. If I untick everything and click Apply, when I open the Power Manager again, everything is ticked (reverted back to before I saved).

I don't know why I updated, if it's working don't try to fix it. :/

Fanfold Paper
wnsmith

It bothers me that no one at Lenovo seems to care that we are having problems.  This topic has been here for some time with no solution (not even any questions) from them.  I guess they just don't care when they have a problem with their own software.  This does not bode well for their support.

Does anyone know how to get their support to look at this?

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi wnsmith, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

Remember that this is a user-to-user support community, and it is moderated by volunteers like me. Although there is some Lenovo presence, they can't read and respond to every post. They do try to help with some of the broader issues.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

I use power manager in windows 7 but I never had it in an xp machine.  So, I just installed it in an x32, version 1.98 and it's working fine.  The brightness settings are saved when I close and open power manager, and they are saved when I reboot.

You might want to try uninstalling it from add or remove programs and then download and install it directly from the support site.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70602

Here's a link to the one I just installed and it's working.

I assume everybody is using xp?

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
zicovsky

I already tried uninstalling both the Power Manager and the Driver and reinstalling with no luck.

My biggest mistake was to get a T410, this is the worst laptop I ever had.

Yes, I'm using XP.

Lenovo is horrible at releasing drivers.

Fanfold Paper
wnsmith

Same here.  In my original note I detailed that I have gone though the uninstall/reinstall process for both the Power Manager and driver with no change in status.  I am on a T400 for what it matters running XP.  Since I am an IBM employee I can't call Lenovo's help desk to get a direct answer (all internal laptops have to go through IBMs internal help - which would not be any help as they don't support lenovo drivers except what they put on the IBM build).  That is the reason I came here to see if I could get support this way.

BTW I really appreciate everyone that is trying to help.  I know that most that will try to help are just other users.  I don't think this will be an easy one to solve.

What's DOS?
mcarden11

Ok the latest version fixed it but you have to unistall any other version FIRST THANKS

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Thanks for posting back your fix.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество