Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
habangar

Vista SP2 update - sound problem

[ Edited ]

I installed the Vista SP2, and after the update the sound is gone!

I reinstall the soundmax driver (6.10.1.5510), rebooted the system several times, didn't help.

Any ideas ? 

Message Edited by habangar on 06-23-2009 07:26 AM
Paper Tape
mjanssen007

Re: Vista SP2 update - sound problem

I have a similar issue.  I had a Windows Vista Business SP2 installation that had sound at first, but after hibernation - sound was gone.  Wouldn't come back.  I noticed that the service was down, so I started it.  Everything looked as though it should work, but nothing - no sound.  So I rebuilt the laptop with Windows 7.  Sound worked fine.  Until I put the laptop to sleep.  Once it came out - sound was gone.  So I went back to Vista SP2 again.  Sound worked fine.  Until I put the laptop to sleep this morning.  Now once again I have no sound.  Always does the same thing - shows a red X on the volume control and states that service is not running.  If I let Windows start it, it starts fine, and all appears normal - but there is still no sound.
Paper Tape
mjanssen007

By the way - my laptop is a T61 with SoundMAX audio.  Reinstalling the driver does not fix the issue.
Blue Screen Again
sinanju009

Had the same problem as well (no sound after SP2 installation). After I confirmed the right services were running (restarted them just in case), I simply rebooted the my T61p (Vista x64). Sound started working again. FYI... I *still* loose the sound if I do a large number of standby/wake up cycles. I eventually powercycle to restore the sound.

Michel