Support in other languages: 
WWAN
Puppy

Re: Why only low-res, low-quality displays?

BTW an UMPC http://www.tomsguide.com/us/oqo-hsdpa,review-1040.html have 5" display 800x480. Could we get an X (non-tablet) model with more reasonable resolution than the super-low 12" 1024x768 ? It is really getting ridiculous ...
Ctrl-Alt-Del
TP1600

Are there any Thinkpads available right now that have the 15" 1600x1200 IPS UXGA Flexview displays?  I can not work on anything else. If there are no Thinkpads with good displays like this, I can not upgrade anymore and am stuck with my T60p. I had A31p, T42p and T43p all with good displays for years. Will the new Thinkpad series offer these displays again?

Paper Tape
Jed

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried the new W series ThinkPads? On the W700, especially, they seem to have gone all out to make a serious professional quality machine, although their website says very little about the display. They tell us the W700 WUXGA display has 400 nits, for whatever that's worth, and that "Next-generation DisplayPort technology provides clearer, crisper images and a larger viewing area." For the price of a W700, I would expect the best ThinkPad display ever, although that gets beyond the size and price that even a fanatic like myself is willing to tolerate. However, the W500 does look appealing.

Moderator Note; please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you

Message Edited by andyP on 09-01-2008 06:52 PM