Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
upperwest

Wireless Adapter is missing...no wireless connection to internet ...HELP!

hi I ve spent too many hours...my comp: a T40, 2373-72U.  first prob., yellow question mark in "Other Devices" >> "Network Controller"...2nd, when i press Fn + F5 (wireless), i get a message saying "No Supported Wireless Adapters (802.11, WAN or Bluetooth) are installed in this system" 3rd, no wireless connection icon in network connection folder..i've installed so called adapters, Thinkadvantage access connection, but to no avail....help please how do i connect wirelessly!!!???  (wired is OK).  thanks in advance.
ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 800

Re: Wireless Adapter is missing...no wireless connection to internet ...HELP!

Assuming you're running XP, here's your wireless driver:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-59438

After downloading it, you must unpack it from C>Drivers>Win>Wlanint.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Paper Tape
upperwest

bingo!  thanks a bunch!!
Paper Tape
njha

Hi my system is t61 and windows 7. I tried the same soluiton but no help. Please help me soon. Thanks.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

@njha is your wireless card enabled in the bios menu?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
njha

[ Edited ]

let me check.

Paper Tape
njha

[ Edited ]

Type 7663-CTO, S/N (removed) , T61 Lenovo, Windows 7

Paper Tape
njha

I checked the BIOS and it's already on. Please advice soon. Thanks.

What's DOS?
stevejude31

i am having a B460e laptop. when i press fn+f5 to on wireless. it says turn on device. then i checked the drives there is no wifi card or driver. somebody please tell me how to download it

Bit Torrent
TuuS

stevejude31 wrote:

i am having a B460e laptop. when i press fn+f5 to on wireless. it says turn on device. then i checked the drives there is no wifi card or driver. somebody please tell me how to download it

Perhaps the first thing needed here is either some help with english translation, or perhaps just some more careful reading. Some of the reasons why I don't know how to help you are....

1. This section is for Tseries, specifically T61 and prior models but you report having a B series

2. When it said to turn on your device, did you turn the switch on?  (assuming the B series alos has a switch)

3. You said you checked the drives and there are no wifi...   I should hope not, disc drives are different pieces of hardware, wifi cards aren't drives. This is either a typo, or a serious misunderstanding of something, so you need to clarify.

4. You want instructions to download a missing wifi card???  you need to purchase one and install it, it's a piece of hardware, not software you can download.If you don't have a wifi card you cannot install drivers. If you do have the device installed properly, and the master switch is in the "on" position, then you can find help with installing the software in the section of the forum that deals with the B series laptops.

Good Luck                        

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)