Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
DoubleCap

Worried about T61 Shipping... Share your *US* Experiences?

[ Edited ]
I've been reading the other thread about the T61 shipping and am definitely NOT pleased with other people's experience. It must be a pain to go through, sorry for those that went through it.

I just wanted other experiences, as far as those who live in the US. I live in the northeast US, specifically New York. I'm worried that I'm going to end up with a 3-5 week wait time from the day I order my laptop to the day I actually receive it. As of now, I'm all set to order through my company (for the corporate discount), and can't wait to use the laptop. However, I'm having second doubts on whether or not I should get a T61 because of the excessive wait. Since I'll be ordering through my company, do you think Lenovo CSR's will give me priority? I don't know whether or not this will help, and I doubt it - but I was just curious.

Are there any other fellow US T61 owners who ordered through Lenovo recently? Can you please share you experiences, whether it is good or bad? I'd like to hear them both.

I most likely will get a system with the following specs:

• Intel Core 2 Duo T8300, 2.4 GHz, 3MBL2
  • 14.1" WXGA+ TFT
  • nVIDIA Quado NVS 140M
  • 1GB (1 DIMM)
  • UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) with Fingerprint Reader
  • 120GB HD, 5400 RPM
  • CDRW/DVD-ROM Combo (no DVDRW)
  • Thinkpad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe
  • Integrated Bluetooth PAN
  • 6 cell Li-on Battery
Note from Moderator:  Use the shipping sticky for these kinds of messages.  Locking duplicate thread.

Message Edited by nonny on 06-17-2008 12:04 PM
Paper Tape
mvarghese84

Re: Worried about T61 Shipping... Share your *US* Experiences?

I purchased a customized thinkpad t61p on June 7 and the computer shipped on June 12 by express mail (I payed for ground shipping so that was a nice surprise). I received it two days later on June 14 in the morning. Extremely fast build and ship time so I am very happy. By the way I live in Raleigh, NC.
T61p: C2D T9300, NVidia Quadro 570M, 15.4" WXSGA+, 100GB 7200rpm HDD, 1GB RAM, Windows XP Pro
Punch Card
ethant

Re: Worried about T61 Shipping... Share your *US* Experiences?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I ordered a T61 on 5/28 and it arrived on 6/6. Ship and build time was fast and reasonable. The trouble with my order is that the Lenovo website and phone support never gave me accurate information (in fact, the website dosen't appear to think that the order has shipped yet and I never received a ship confirmation email).