Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
cgstaples

igxprd 32, device driver stuck in an infinite loop

Just attempted to reset a hard drive on our T61 to its factory settings (Windows XP) using the "Recovery CD Set"  (rescue and recovery cd, supplemental product recover cd, and 6 product recovery cd's).  During the final step, the computer reboots itself; however, Windows can't load.  I keep getting an error on a small blue screen, referencing a problem with "igxprd32" and that the device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.  How can I fix this issue.  (Product ID 6465CT0)  Thank you!

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: igxprd 32, device driver stuck in an infinite loop

Kindly try to boot the system into Safe mode and then uninstall the display driver.

After this you should able too boot the system into normal mode. Download the latest driver from lenovo website

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7ld152ww.exe

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
cgstaples

Re: igxprd 32, device driver stuck in an infinite loop

That "kinda" worked.  The driver (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family) is listed twice.  I was not able to un-install them.  However, I did disable them and was able reboot as normal.  I used your link to download the updated driver, which returned the computer to it's previous state "unusable".  So, I disabled the  two drivers again and the computer "seems" to be working okay.  Is there another updated driver that actually works?