Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
manu555

intel wireless 4965 AGN drivers + windows 7 ultimate sp1 + 6465cto, drivers link.

Hi,

I have tried to update the drives from the intel site as well as from the lenovo system update + direct update drivers fro lenovo. But still the version does not change from 13.4.0.139 and i have installed these drivers from lenovo site. 8aw215ww. Can  please explain why theseare not update to the latest version 14.2.xx.xx. I have tried to delete the drivers, uninstall and then point it to the wlan folder created by lenovo drivers, still the version does not get updated to the 14.xx.xx.xx along with the date, the date still shows 7/10/10.

I can send u the link from the lenovo site, where I have installed. Or you can find the drivers page where the latest version 14.xx is displayed. Please send me the link to update my drivers to 14.xx.xx.xx. Let me knw if you need any other update from me.

Thanks,

Bit Torrent
TuuS

Re: intel wireless 4965 AGN drivers + windows 7 ultimate sp1 + 6465cto, drivers link.

Hi,

I'm currently using version 12.4.1.4 on this card and it works perfectly. Is there a reason you want to change to a different version then you have installed?  

I (personally) think it's wise to not fix what isn't broken, so if a driver does it's job, I won't update it. Installing the latest drivers released by intel is asking for touble, you'll be little more then a beta tester, and although I can't speak for lenovo, my guess is if they haven't put the latest drivers up, it's because they haven't deemed them stable yet, or may even know of problems with them.

On the otherhand, if you know of some improvement in this driver that will make a real difference for users, then please enlighten us, and perhaps one of our members can figure out how to find the driver and get it installed. It would also be nice to do some before and after testing to see if there really is any significant advantage.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)
Guru
Mornsgrans

Re: intel wireless 4965 AGN drivers + windows 7 ultimate sp1 + 6465cto, drivers link.

Not at any time installation of a driver over the old one is successful. In many cases the older version has to be removed via controlpanel.

The Lenovo drivers have a Thinkpad-specific adaption to work with FnF5 and Powermanagement. It is the best solution to use the Lenovo drivers as long as they are available.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 105

manu555 wrote:

i have installed these drivers from lenovo site. 8aw215ww.

the current driver file is 8aw217ww.exe

Executing the 8aw???ww.exe file just get the drivers into the "DRIVERS" directory structure on your C: drive.  You need to execute the install program from the DRIVERS directory (usually C:\DRIVERS\WIN\WLANINT for WiFi drivers).

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Serial Port
manu555

Ya, im trying to install the drivers from the lenovo site. It has the version 14.xx and I dont see that in the device manager, I have tried to uninstall the drivers from control panel and deleted the wlna folder for the old wifi drivers as well. Then I have installed the latest drivers from lenovo and then still its showing the old version. Forget about the intel installation drivers from their site, I am trying to install the one given by Lenovo then it should update properly wiht the latest version number right ? Can you please provide your comments. The reason for my update is to be latest as given by lenovo. As of now its working fine, my doubt is why is the driver version not showing as 14.xx as given by Lenovo.

Thanks,

Serial Port
manu555

Bill , I have downloaded and installed 8aw217ww.exe as you have mentioned and sitll no go. These are my steps, deleted entirely the wlan folder after uninstalling the drivers from control panel. Installed 8aw217ww.exe and then went to wlan folder and win7 + w32 + install option and have installed the intel pro set and the drivers from the lenovo site. I have exactly executed the install program from wlanint folder in win7 w32 folder. But still its showing as 13.4.0.139 and date as 7/10/10. And the reason i want the upgrade is as lenovo and intel have released the 14.xx.xx versions, i want my system to be to the latest version nt that I have a problem using it. Its working abs fine but i want 14.xx version in my system .Please guide me.
Serial Port
manu555

I have also pointed the drivers to the wlan + win 7 + w32 folder after right clik on my driver and used have disk option to choose the right folder where the drivers got installed.... but still its not showing 14.xx. Can any of the lenovo experts guide me. I have done after deleting the drivers and after installing the setup from the new wlan folder. still no go. I want 14.xx.
Serial Port
manu555

y no one is answering this question. Is everyone unaware of the solution ? This is a simple query and why is the great Lenovo customer care nor the tech support unable to answer this question. Its really embarassing !!!!
billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 105

manu555 wrote:

y no one is answering this question

Quiet probably because your posts are quite hard to decode.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Serial Port
manu555

so that does mean that the lenovo tech support is worthless and not capable of answering a simple query how to update wireless drivers. If anyone read this post, how will they trust lenovo support and why will they buy lenovo products. Dont any of the lenovo tech support guys feel guilty about this !!!! Atleast try to contact the tech team or the application driver support team. Hope someone has some answer for the upgrade of drivers.