Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
trek87

obtaining WWAN AT&T from Lenovo

Is there any word on when the embedded WWAN module for the T61p is going to be available?  Do I need to purchase anything else besides the card (assuming I already have the antenna installed)?  Thanks.
T61p 8891 CTO WinXP SP3---14.1 SXGA+---Core Duo T7500 2.2 GHz---2 GB RAM w/ 120 GB HD 7200 RPM
Nvidia Quadro FX570M w/ 512 MB VM---Intel WiFi 4965 AGN w/ Bluetooth---DVD-R DL Super MultiBurner
9-Cell Li-Ion w/ Ultrabay Li-Polymer
Token Ring
Centex

Re: obtaining WWAN AT&T from Lenovo

trek87,

Did you buy this machine with the "Wireless WWAN Ready" option?

The "Help me decide" popup screen says "The Wireless WWAN Ready selection is the option of choice for anyone who may already have an acitvated PCI mobile broadband card. As well, anyone who may activate and install a PCI at a later time, may want to consider this option. With the exception of the provider card, all of the hardware needed for a wireless wide area network will be included in the machine."

Wit this option, it sounds like Lenovo doesn't provide the WWAN module. You are supposed to provide it.

Centex

Fanfold Paper
trek87

[ Edited ]

Centex,

I thought I did (I ordered my machine about one year ago), but how can I find out for sure? Using warranty lookup or my packing list, there is no indication. The only thing that comes close is 'NVIDIA W/-WWAN', and I'm not sure what this really means. Would I need to lift up the keyboard to see if the WAN antenna connectors are present near the slot where I would install the card?

Thanks.

Message Edited by trek87 on 08-26-2008 08:04 AM
T61p 8891 CTO WinXP SP3---14.1 SXGA+---Core Duo T7500 2.2 GHz---2 GB RAM w/ 120 GB HD 7200 RPM
Nvidia Quadro FX570M w/ 512 MB VM---Intel WiFi 4965 AGN w/ Bluetooth---DVD-R DL Super MultiBurner
9-Cell Li-Ion w/ Ultrabay Li-Polymer
Token Ring
Centex

trek87,

I can't answer your questions.

There's a moderator that frequents this forum that is also a Lenovo dealer. He, or some other more knowledgable forum denizen, may come along and be able to answer your questions.

Centex