Support in other languages: 
xyz
Paper Tape
xyz
Accepted Solution

"No battery is detected" on T61

My T61 suddenly stopped recognizing batteries

This happens with both of my batteries and it happens both in Windows and Pre-Windows.

When my laptop is connected to the outlet and i insert a battery, the green battery light just wont lit.

If i remove the power cord from the back of my laptop then the AC icon turns off and the battery icon is finally lit and the laptop is running on battery, but it still won't recognize nor charge it, so I'm on borrowed time here.

Maliha

Re: "No battery is detected" on T61

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Assuming both are good batteries and your BIOS and other drivers are current, it sounds like an issue with the charging circuitry of the motherboard. If there is any warranty left on the machine, then get it checked up by lenovo support.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

xyz
Paper Tape
xyz

Thank you.

I've just checked with another power adapter (of the Lenovo X100e) and everything seems to be OK.

Guess it's a bad power adapter.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pridepark

I'm not convinced as I now have a similar problem but only having performed a system update.  Lenovo power management has changed so that it it "may not charge non lenovo-made or authorised batteries".  How convenient!  

I am now unable to charge my battery and as my T60p is now 4yrs old I ahve no warraty option.  Monopolisation at it's worst!