Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
DickyA

t40 identity-change utility

I stupidly let MSE delete/deactivate? the utility that allows administrator to make identity changes.  I need it now.  Is there any way to get it back.  (It is gone from MSE screens, like not in quarantine or anything.)

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

Re: t40 identity-change utility

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014154

Is this what you're looking for?

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

topmahof,

Wow - great link!  Hope that is the issue...

DickyA,

If this isn't what you are looking for, can you tell us a bit more about changing IDs?  Are you talking about the ability to have different Windows user accounts?  

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
DickyA

Thanks.  I dunno yet if it is what I am looking for.  First I need to find out how to work it.  I am not exactly an old hand at these thing.  It could take a few days.

Fanfold Paper
DickyA

I was given a t40 WinXP SP3  that had apparently been upgraded from NT (my guess from reading stuff).  There is a folder named Documents that I cannot access (with administrator privilege), and it is where Chrome downloads stuff to.  While I was fooling around trying to get access to that, in another vein, I ran MSE and it found something called something like identity changer, which I just told it to go ahead and delete.  Then I figured it might have been the thing I needed to get into the inaccessible file.  So that is where I am now, but taking a two-day break to clear my mind, because computer stuff really fuzzes up my brain sometimes.  There is a folder for my (Dicky's) documents and a folder for Guest's documents, and I should be content.  Curiously, Guest can open the secret Documents folder, enough to see the folders within it, but cannot open those.  There was also a problem changing Chrome to download to where I wanted, but I forget the details.  Anyway, mainly I want to find out how I get into the inaccessible Documents folder, because I am obscessed with that.

topmahof

Do you have any restore points set in system restore that would take your system back before it got deleted.  That would at least get that program back.

You could try to make another user account with administrative privileges and then log on under that new user and see if you can open that folder.  That program that got deleted might not let you do this, though.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

This is a long shot, but you might be able to recover that file with this.

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Fanfold Paper
DickyA

Thanks to all.  I am going to abandon this project for a while and use the computer as is until I am ready for another big headache.

topmahof

Believe me when I say, I know the feeling.

Dave