Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
cloudstrife555

t41 wireless issues

I am having problems with a t41 laptop's wireless.  it is a type 2373-7FU with a Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter.  the wireless signal will drop out intermittently, usually while trying to load a webpage.  Sometimes it won't load a whole page without dropping and sometimes it lasts for 15 minutes. 

I have tried many solutions on lenovo's support for wireless (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/migr-50402.html).  all to no avail.  does anyone have any suggestions?   I am thinking the card probably needs replaced.

also, this is a B card and i would like to update it to a G card.  the problem I have is that when you look up your computer type on lenovo's hardware page (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-46474#8) it only tells you what can replace that exact type laptop, so it states exactly what came with the computer, so the same B card.  i want to know what wireless g cards are compatible with this laptop, but dont know since the above url doesn't state "these cards work for t41 machines, etc."  Does anyone know what G cards (probably listed on the above URL) will work with a t41, or how I can contact lenovo to ask such a specific question?

Chris

ajkula66
Kudos: 758
Solutions: 801

Re: t41 wireless issues

Welcome to the forum!

Any Intel 2200BG or 2915ABG with an IBM/Lenovo FRU #.

Any IBM (Atheros-chipped) card, be it b/g or a/b/g - once again with an IBM/Lenovo FRU #.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.