Do you mean 

How to perform a battery gauge reset

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎02-14-2012 by
Modified ‎07-05-2012 by
(47,946 Views)

How to perform a battery gauge reset

If your battery has much lesser capacity or does not charge at certain level any longer, you may want to perform a gauge reset on it.

Note: make sure the AC adapter is plugged in when perfoming a gauge reset.

Go to Power Manager > Battery tab > Battery Maintenance

You should see this image - look for the Perform Reset button.

gauge reset.jpg

Comments
by guvencs on ‎02-20-2012 11:46 PM

Is it true that we have to manually rearrange the power settings before we start the reset. The program asks us to close all the other applications, which means we should leave the computer alone on its own while it is doing the reset thing. I have tried this once: the computer goes into sleep mode after a while as my original power settings are not arrnaged. I have, then, put it into presentation mode and left it for the reset overnight, but it was again sleeping when I checked it in the morning and had not finished the reset. The reset is probably going to take 3-4 hours for an E220s; but for this to start and finish properly, you have to first manually change your power settings in such a way that nothing sleeps or hibernates. Is this true? If this is the case, how does the reset program not to do this very simple thing on its own?

by Administrator ‎02-21-2012 01:45 AM - edited ‎02-21-2012 01:47 AM

Hi guvencs,

Yes it's recommended not to do anything while the battery is undergoing this reset. I'm not sure what would happen if never follows the instructions but there should be a reason not to do so.

To avoid your machine goes to sleep/hibernate/shut down , you need to set your machines to 'do nothing'. If you have Lenovo ThinkVantage Power Manager installed, check out the settings there to ensure all are set to do nothing.  Otherwise, check the windows power options.

I believe the reset program does not do it on your behalf to avoid changing some settings without users' notice. For example, i configurely the time to sleep, hibernate and shut off time differenlty in Power Manager. I do not like other software to mess up my settings.

I''m sorry if this has caused inconvenience to you. Hope that you got your issue resolved.

Regards,

Cleo

by eger33 on ‎05-31-2012 06:27 AM

Please make a battery maintenance feature for windows xp! 

I installed this system on lenovo s 205 and my battery does not fully charge! I cannot correct this!  

by Administrator ‎07-31-2012 12:23 AM - edited ‎07-31-2012 12:53 AM

Hi eger33,

Regardless  Win XP or 7, the software is more or less the same.

This article is actually for Think products. Lenovo s205 does not use ThinkVantage Power Manager as showed above. Yours should be using Lenovo Energy Management which you can download from http://support.lenovo.com.

Your battery does not charge could be due to some settings in Energy Management. Please check this TKB article hopefully it helps. It mentions about resetting battery gauge, power settings, etc.

by Planxty on ‎10-13-2013 12:11 PM

where can I find this "Power manager" ?

by ecsec on ‎11-09-2013 09:42 AM

Hi everybody

I have a thinkpad T430 S. I preferred installing xp sp3

The battery gauge seems to have a different behaviour if compared with other experiences of mine

The problem:

after 6-8 months from the pc was bought, it appeared shutting down to early if compared with the duration estimated by the gauge

Indeed this behaviour may be understood, and the battery re-calibrated, but not so early, in my expereince

Indeed it was after 6-8 months, not possible to have a hybernation of sleeping planned -say- at 10% remaining of the battery duration, as the 10% could not be reached as the pc stopped far before

Thus I performed maintenance of the battery as explained in the starting post above

The battery maintenance was performed -of course- at night. The following morning I found the thinkpad switched off and no message appeared when turning it on.

The situation, in any case didn't change at all: the pc uses to switch off when the gauge says 2 hours remaining and, interesting, as soon as I connect it to the power, it start saying to be incredibly already charged at 70%  !

May I have some idea about this case ?

- battery firmware or sw not suited for XP ?

- battery with some cell broken ?

- how to have more information about the gauge calibration (maintenance) without waiting hours in front of the pc

Bye and thanks

by b_kmetoff on ‎02-11-2014 07:55 AM

Hi, everyone!
Does the battery gauge reset indicate when it finishes? I started it almost 20 hours ago, now Power Manager says the battery's at 100% and the geuge reset icon is stil on, and says it's still running. What am I to do of this?

by Zoneman on ‎03-17-2014 10:35 PM

Hi 

I am using U410 ideapad, i had set my battery to charge at 60% only, now i want to full charge it to 100%.

There is a software but can't remember how to activate it.

Pls help.

Contributors