Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
xskyx

Battery Threshold Problem On Thinkpad E430

[ Edited ]

hello

just bought new E430 3254- A11 ,here's the spec:

Intel CoreIntel i7-3612QM (2.10GHz, 6MB L3 Cache, 1333MHz FSB), 14.0" 1366x768 LCD, NVidia GT630M-2GB, 4GB 1333MHz DDR3, 750GB HDD (5400rpm), etc

the problem is, I've been using thinkpad for about 2 years, so I knew few things about thinkpad and it's speciality in battery,

I set battery threshold between 50% and 70%, so if the battery capacity right now is 69% and in state of AC (charged), the status should've "No Activity" but the actual status is "Charging"                                                                                                                              

battery.png

it's always charged to 99%, it doesn't stop at 70%

and this is the settings for the threshold

battery-2.png

I've done battery gauge reset, but it didn't works

Thinkpad Power Management Driver : 1.65

Power Manager Version : 6.32

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :smileyvery-happy:

mkbray1
Topics: 0
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

Re: Battery Threshold Problem On Thinkpad E430

It does appear that you have a good working knowledge of the Battery Reset Function.  But if all the steps are followed it should have resolved your issue.  I am listing the steps for resetting the Battery Gauge and I would like for you walk through the steps one more time.  If this does not work then we can look  a little deeper to find the issue.

Resetting the battery gauge

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=HT003431#reset

After the battery firmware is updated, the full charge capacity will be reset to the battery's design capacity. Because of this, it is recommended that a battery fuel gauge reset be performed after the update is complete. This will update the full charge capacity to an accurate value. If this is not done, the battery may report a sudden drop in the estimates of remaining percentage and remaining time once the battery is nearly empty even after updating the firmware. To perform the fuel gauge reset:

1. Start Power Manager by double-clicking the fuel gauge displayed in the lower right portion of the screen.
  2. Select Advanced in Switch to: view.
  3. Click the Battery tab.
  4. Click Battery maintenance.
  5. Click Perform Reset.
  6. Follow the instructions on the screen.

After the reset is complete, the battery gauge will be calibrated.

If Power Manager is not installed or no Battery Maintenance button is available in Power Manager, the battery gauge can be reset by the following instructions.

1. Charge the battery to 100%.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the computer.
  3. Discharge the battery until 5% or less of the battery charge is remaining. It is okay to let the critical battery action hibernate or shutdown the system.
  4. Connect the AC adapter. The full charge capacity value will update when the AC adapter is connected.

Flrdblnd
Ron_9972
Topics: 18
Kudos: 66
Solutions: 37

[ Edited ]

Here's one thing you can try:

The Battery threshold is active only while the system is "online" and not when in hibernation or sleep.

The simple test how you can test it is to let the system started <no Hybernation, no StandBy> and check if now the threshold will work.

This is per Henrik at Lenovo in this thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Power-Manager-Charging-threshold-ignored-still...

Did you find a post awesome? A great response? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a 'thank you' for helping you out!

Paper Tape
xskyx

[ Edited ]

thanks for the advices, am gonna post the update later :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
greenwoods

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/h0uj03ww.txt

a new bios was released last week fixing an issue that Battery Charge Thresholds is not working.

Cheers,